*¢нαρтєя 5*

¢нαρтєя 5

"It's so beautiful." The little lanterns I had first seen when I entered the forest were stung up along the village. People were dancing, eating. Without a care in the world.

"I agree." Ethan smiled at me.

When we had first gotten here, everyone had given us weird stares. Ethan told me it was because they almost never saw him. That he didn't really come to these things.

Thought the stares decreased as the night continued. Ethan and I had stopped at the edge of the village and are currently sitting on a wooden bench.

"And it's like this every night?" Amazement filled my tone. How could they do this every night and not get tired of it?

"Almost every night, except for when there is no moon. The few days in a month were the sun's light isn't reflected on the moon. That's when the darkness is strongest. Everyone stays inside those nights. Making sure to secure their doors." What's so wrong with it being dark out? Then again these people are all light creatures. Who need the light to survive.

"Wow." I breathed out. "What does the darkness actually do?"

"Just like the light, there are creatures of the dark. During those days is when the Prince of darkness's powers are at their strongest." His words cut me deep. Light is filled with good, and if darkness is the opposite of light, it only makes sense that darkness is evil. I never realized how bad darkness was. My first thoughts went to Beth. During those days she isn't to leave my sights.

"That is just scary." Scary is putting it lightly. The thought of being pierced by one of the shards Ethan had told me about early really hit me.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you." His shoulder bumped into mine. I laughed.

"Thanks." That was all it took.

He smiled. And by God might I say it was a glorious smile.

Goal 1 completed.

Oh Gosh! What do I do know. I got him to smile and the Queen says I'll know what to do from there. Ah, I'm so clueless and having an internal dialogue isn't gonna help.

"I wanna thank you for bring me here. I'm having a lot of fun." I smiled back at him.

"Your very welcome. I've had a lot of fun tonight too. More fun that I've had in a long." At that very second a little lightning bug landed on his nose. His eyes crossed as he stared it. I couldn't help it, I start laughing.

"Here I got it." I stood up and went in front of him. I cupped my hands around the little firefly. It crawled into my hand willingly. Deciding to evenly spread the love of the little firefly, I placed it on the tip of my nose. Then crossed my eyes as I stared at it.

Ethan's laughter rang through the air. A smile formed as my lips turned up at the beautiful sound.

He stood up from the bench. Causing me to have to look up at him. The movement scared the firefly be it flew up into the sky. I watched as it flew higher and meet up with it's firefly friends. The firefly pack flew around us.

It was the definition of beautiful.

When my eyes landed back on Ethan, he was smiling at me. I returned the smile. I didn't know what it was but we both started leaning in.

"Daisy!" The voice caused me to jump away. I hadn't decided if that was a good thing or bad thing.

"Hey Marisa." I greeted the strawberry blonde, who was bounding towards me.