Chapter 1 : Welcome to my world of pain

A/N: Hello lovelies! It's my first time writing a werewolf story so please forgive me for any grammatical errors as I don't edit them. :) Please comment & vote! Every comment and vote means a lot to me. Thank you. :)

Chapter 1: Welcome to my world of pain

(Darcy POV)

"Get out of the bed." A black shadow hovered above me and his presence was intimidating. The bed he called me to get out of was just a layer of blanket. "P-p-please give me a second." I tried to get up but my sides are aching and they probably have huge patches of blue black by now. Without warning, he kicked my sides causing my curled up body to fly to the other end of the room. Great. Now my sides and ribs are hurting even more.

"I said get up, now." He glared down at me fiercely. I hadn't realize that I was glaring back at him as well, accusing him for the pain he caused me till he walked over and crouched down to my eye level. He lifted my chin up with a finger to face him. "What's with that glare? Are you defying me?" Knowing his temper, I quickly averted my gaze from his and looked down, trying to act the role of a timid girl. "N-n-no... I'm sorry." I stuttered on purpose, trying to make my lie seem more believable.

This man right here that's torturing me since I was 7 till now, is my fraternal twin brother. He's an alpha, the leader of the pack which I belonged to and my loyal abuser. "Shut up." He backhanded me, hard till it left a bruise on my cheek. I could taste blood in my mouth from the impact of his slap. Clawing my nails on the wooden floor, I tried to hold back the tears that threatened to spill. He can make me shiver in fear or hear me stutter like a fool, but never will he see me in tears. "Hurry up and get up to make breakfast for all of us." With that said, he walked out of my little attic room and I glared at his back with all the anger within me.

Slowly, I got up from the ground with the support of the walls. That bastard probably broke one of my ribs but it doesn't matter. It will heal anyway with my fast regeneration ability. Each werewolf has different abilities and mine happens to be fast regeneration. Although werewolf by nature already regenerates quite fast, mine regenerates even faster than any other wolves. For example, a severely wounded werewolf would take at least a week or so to recover while I just need a day to complete my recovery.

So far, I'm the only shape-shifter with this ability and the only one to have more than one ability as well. In fact, I have 3 abilities in total. One is fast regeneration, second is the ability to manipulate people's memories, and third is the ability to control or affect the weather mentally. No one knows about this and it’s my secret to keep. They always thought that I’m not an ability user which is why they always despise me for being weak. Fortunately for me, I couldn’t care less what they think of me and will definitely use their ignorance to my advantage.

By the time I stepped out of my room, I can feel my ability working on my broken ribs and bones already. Smiling to myself, I made my way down the kitchen and started cooking breakfast for my pack. Minutes later, the scent of freshly cooked pancakes and eggs wafted to the nose of the pack members. One by one, they filled up the kitchen, waiting for their breakfast to be serve like royalty. One in particular that seemed rather impatient while I was piling the pancakes on their plates, yelled at me. “Hurry your ass up. We have school to attend to, unlike you who has to stay in the pack house all day, slacking off.”

With my back facing him, I rolled my eyes at his words. If he thinks I’m lazing around here while he’s studying in school, I wouldn’t mind trading places with him for a day and see which he would prefer. The slave who’s handling the household chores all day? Or the brainless fool who can sleep on his desk during lessons.

‘Darcy, why would you suffer such ill treatment? You can leave this stupid pack who only knows how to abuse you, you know?’ My wolf, Jade said to me through our mind link. Sighing, I replied back to her mentally. ‘That’s because my brother is the Alpha here, Jade. I can’t leave him. He’s the only family member I had left.’ I started placing the plates filled with pancakes and eggs in front of the members’ hungry faces.