2.

Danielle
7:00 AM

"BEEP BEEP"

I heard Elijah outside, so I looked out my front door, and saw him waiting in the car with Keke and Lauren. He drove us to school everyday.

"Hurry up, and come on!" Elijah hollered.

I put on my jacket and grabbed my bag and hurried to get in the car.

"So guess what, E?" I asked him. He looked at me as confirmation to go on.
"Imma ask Bryshere out today."

"Sure, Danielle." He said, rolling his eyes.

"What's with all the sarcasm?"

"How many times have you said that you were going to ask him out?"

"Thousands." Keke barged in.

"And how many times have you actually done it?"

"Zero" Keke added.

"I know but this time is different. I feel lucky today."

"Bet you won't. I'll bet you $20. Elijah said.

"Fine." I responded with an attitude, as we pull up to Teyana's house.

Elijah beeped his horn and let out a sigh. He cannot stand Teyana. He said that she's too loud for him.

"Wassup, party people!" Teyana yelled, as she got in the car.

"T, shut up, I'm trynna sleep!" Lauren yelled back at Teyana.

"My bad, damn!"

"Then shut the fuck up already!

"Both of yaw shut up! It's too damn early for this shit! Teyana, you need to stop with all this yelling! Every morning you do this shit! Just sit back and shut up so we can have a peaceful ride!" Elijah said, angrily.

The three of us sat back in our seats like little kids.

"Yes, daddy. I'll try to be a good girl and keep my mouth shut." Teyana, jokingly, whispered.

Lauren and I held in our laughs and Elijah just shook his head. We finally pulled up to the school.

"Remember, Danielle, $20." Elijah said as we all went our separate ways.

I waited for Jazmine at the bus stop, she preferred to ride the bus. When she got off the bus we headed to our first class.

"Come on." Jazmine said to me, grabbing my arm.

"We have, like, 15 more minutes before school starts. Why you rushin?" I asked.

"I have to get to my locker before Luke does."

We ran down the hallway and accidentally ran into the principal.

"Good morning, Principal Brown. You lookin good today." I said, with a smile on my face.

"Don't try to smooth talk me. Why were you running?"

"We're in a rush sir." Jazmine said.

"And why are there holes in you pants, Ms. Sullivan?"

"It's called style"

"Well, it's against dress code. I should give you detention, but, I'm gonna let you slide this time."

We saw Luke coming up the hall, but Principal Brown was still talking to us about respecting the dress code.

"Mr. Brown, we really have to go." Jazmine said. Then we ran to her locker, but stopped when we saw Luke there already. He waved at her.