chapter one (rewritten)

I opened my eyes, gasping for a breath of air. I looked around, only seeing that I was in some sort of cabin. It had only looked to be abandoned, with all the spider webs and dark corners. However, there was light emitting from outside the see-through door. I shakily wobbled when standing up, and looked outside the door.

Outside, I could faintly see a huge fire crackling in the distance. I could also see many people standing around it, a sea of people. 

My breathing became ragged, not knowing where I was. I looked down at my attire which consisted of my school uniform, remembering what had actually happened last before I woke up here. 

"Ariel, do you so as much need to listen to this garbage?" My friend Drake asked. I turned to look at him with a knowing smile and shook my head.

"It makes me feel calm. Whenever I'm not listening to this, I feel different. So yes Drake, I do." I replied, looking down at my phone with sudden interest. 

It beeped, showing a message which had said, 'We're coming'. I stopped walking, only staring down at the strange message. Drake turned and stopped, wondering why I stopped.

"Ariel, yoohoo? We don't have all day, we have to get to school." I looked up from my phone with fear, looking around. No, it couldn't be them, there's no way. I tried my best to see who sent it, but it was no use. The sidewalks were overcrowded with people.

A hand finally set itself on my shoulder which caused me to jump a little with fright and turn around to see Drake, but it wasn't Drake. It was a girl with brown medium-sized hair, and grey eyes. She wore a smile that seemed heartwarming before turning serious.

"Ariel, you must join us. You cannot let them get to you. Go to 3.141 Farm Road, Montauk and hurry." She spoke and then vanished into thin air. 

I gasped out for air, realizing I wasn't breathing. I looked back up just to see Drake in the place of the girl. 

"Ariel, are you alright?" He asked with concerned features. I nodded lightly, standing up fully and checked my phone again. The message was gone.

I search for 3.141 Farm Road on Google before looking up at Drake. "I have to leave. Sorry Drake, I'll text you later!" I waved, jogging the way I came from. Drake awkwardly waved as I jogged away.

Not too long after, I made it back to my apartment. I guess my mother wasn't here. Perfect. 

I quickly pack my bag, putting only the necessities inside of it. I had decided not to change from my school uniform. Not too soon afterwards, I put the bag around my shoulders. I check my phone again, looking at the GPS of this camp. 

It was after dark when I made it to the borders of a forest. With no luck whatsoever, the GPS on my phone decided to stop working due to no service. I grumbled, putting my phone in my back pocket and deciding to walk into the eerie forest. 

Normally, I wouldn't do something such as this because frankly when stuff like this happens in movies, bad things happen. I shuddered at the thought, walking past many trees before seeing a torch lit up against a tree.

As I got closer, I saw how huge the trees was. My eyebrows quirked and I thought that maybe this was a sign that the camp must be close. As I walked past the tree, I felt a twinge of shock like I had just passed through a barrier of some sort. I looked behind me in surprise before turning back around to be greeted with the back of a sword hitting me in the face causing me to black out.

I looked back up after remembering everything. I stared out the cabin for a couple minutes before slowly opening the cabin door causing it creak. I carefully walked out, making sure that nobody saw me. However, luck wasn't on my side today because a guy came out of a cabin that was right next to mine and saw me. He had short blonde hair that stuck out in some places with crystal blue eyes to match. He also wore gold glasses.

He stared at me for a full minute before realizing something, "Hey, aren't you the new girl? I haven't seen you around here before." 

I awkwardly chuckled. "Uhh, I don't even know where I am." I stated. Ariel, why did you say that! He might be dangerous.

All he did was chuckle, and walked over. "Come, follow me. I'm sure all your questions will be answered. By the way, the name's Jason." 

I nodded slightly and followed, still curious. He stopped in front of a half-man half-horse, wait. Horse?! I rubbed my eyes a couple times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. The half-man half-horse turned around to the sound of  Jason's voice.

He looked down at me with a knowing look. "Hello Ariel, I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but we're quite occupied at the moment. Come, join. I'll tell you everything after the offering."

I was confused by his words but did not question him. I turned to see Jason leaving me with half-man half-horse guy. I ran up to him, grabbing his sleeve to make him turn around. "Please don't leave me." I say stupidly.

He just sort of smiled at me, "Sure, I don't mind hanging with a new girl. By the way, what's your name?"

I looked up into his eyes and blushed a little. "Ariel. Ariel Winters."