See You Again

Chanel.

I walked into the crowded club and scanned the crowd searching for my best friend Keyera but, she was no where to be found. I sighed and decided to sit down. I guess she'll be okay without me for a little while. I pushed my way past couples dancing, friends falling all on each other laughing, and random strangers basically having sex in the middle of the dance floor. Finally, I made it to a less crowded bar area of the club and sat down on a stool.

"What can I get you, beautiful?" A tall dark skinned man with short dreads about my age said now looking in my direction and smiling showing off his perfectly straight pearly whites. His deep seductive voice sent chills down my spine. I swear if he said one more word I'd have an eargasm.

"Uh," I said wiping the wetness off the corner of my lip not noticing I was drooling. "Water, please."

Giving me a weird look he grabbed a glass and filled it with water and put it down in front of me.

"What are you looking at?" I asked.

"Are you sure you don't want anything other than water? I mean this is a bar! I know these drink prices are high, if that's what it is I have no problem playing for it beautiful." He said winking and biting his lip which made me blush a little.

I smiled as I looked down. "No thanks, I have to drive my friend home who probably so drunk she doesn't even know her name. And I'm not trying to die either so water is fine."

"Okay." He replied looking down while cleaning some glasses.

While he looked down I stared amusingly at his physique and his big arms which were bursting out of his fitted black shirt. Something about those big brown eyes seem so familiar. It's like we met before. Then it all came back to me. Khaleel Brown. The same Khaleel Brown who stood me up for prom. The same Khaleel Brown who cheated on me with my sister. The same Khaleel Brown who humiliated me in front of my friend and family. The same bitch ass nigga who left me crying and pregnant on graduation day and moved half way across the country and never bothered to call me back. I gave my ALL to him and he's never loved me back. A-

Then my loud mouthed drunk best friend Keyera interrupted my thoughts. "Heeeeeyyyy Chanelly girl w-where youuu beeeeen?!" She said slurring her words while leaning on the counter trying to hold herself up.

"Let's just go KeKe. I'm ready to go." I said trying no to cry.

"Ooooooh who's this fine piece of chocolate here?" She said smirking

"I'm Khaleel," he said smiling his signature smile again.

"Well I'm Keyera, and- wait. Did you just say Khaleel? Khaleel.....BROWN?" She asked giving a confused look.

"That's me. Wait, you're Keyera Briggs right? And, you.. You're Ch-Chanel. Taylor...." He trailed off.

I fake smiled and rolled my eyes while grabbing Keyera. "Let's go."

"But I wanna talk to Khaleeeel and catch upppppp!!!!!!!" She said winning while giving me a puppy dog face.

"Keyera I don't know about you but I'm going home. And I'm your ride so if you don't want to get left I advise you to come on. I'm tired."

"Fine. I'm coming MOTHER." She said.

Khaleel.

"Chanel, WAIT!" I said running out of the club. It was too late. "FUCK" I screamed kicking a rock.

I sat down on the curb and put my head my in lap. She's all I've been thinking about for the past six years. Ever since I left her crying behind View Park High the day I left for Chicago. I know I did some fucked up shit to her when we were younger. Let's go back to 2003. First day of 7th grade. Where it all started...