1. Where it starts

"Rae! You're going to be late!" I hear my mom scream throughout the house. I was just finishing up my hair.

"I'm coming!" I yell back. I put my straightener in one of my bags and bring them downstairs.

The door was wide open and I realized it's because she already left. She's a little impatient. I make sure to take as long as possible getting my bags out the door.

I finally get them all out and I could feel her glare on me. It only made me smile more.

I put the bags in the trunk and get in the front seat. I didn't even have time to close my door before she reversed the car out of the driveway.

"I swear you love to piss me off Raeanna Rosalinda." She says sounding agitated. I knew she was mad when she used my middle name. Perfect!

"It's the highlight of my day." I smirk and she just shakes her head. She used to get aggravated at my remarks, but now it's like she's immune to them, bummer.

"Why do you straighten your hair? You have such beautiful natural hair." She sighs while touching my hair. I instantly push her hand away.

"Is it bad to want normal hair sometimes? Not everyone wants to walk around looking like Shirley Temple." I tell her and she just rolls her eyes.

I have very curly hair. I used to question why Sierra and Cameron didn't have hair like mine. Mom told me that I just take after my dad's side. Which would probably explain why I look nothing like my siblings or my mom.

"You excited to see your brother?" She asks.

"I guess." I respond and I could tell she didn't like my answer.

"Your brother is very excited to see you. I wish you felt the same." She sighs knowing that I don't feel close to our family like everyone else.

I was the youngest of three. Cameron was around six years old when I was born. I know that doesn't sound like a big difference but it is. We were too far apart to ever have the same interests.

By time I was learning to read he was already obsessed with girls. The only time we talk is at family gatherings, when he messed with me, or yelled at me for being a "bitch".

Out of everyone in the family I'm probably the most different. By different I mean difficult. I would always sneak out with friends, go to parties to hook up with boys, always get in fights at school, do drugs, and basically cause my mom the most stress. I swear I'm not as bad as I sound. I'm good deep down, or at least I tell myself that.

I'll admit, the whole me not being close with my siblings is partially my fault. In my defense, I'm not close to anyone really.

"I think you spending the summer there will be good for you. It'll keep you out of trouble here." She says gleaming with happiness. I knew she was happy to have me go.

"You say that like it's my fault for all the trouble here." I remark while crossing my arms.

"I say that like it's your fault you get into trouble here." She says and I just roll my eyes.

At least half the fights I've got in the other girls started. Well, sometimes they were girls.

"What makes you think LA will be different? What is so different about Cameron being responsible for me than you?" I ask with attitude radiating off of me.

"Cause I can't do it anymore Raeanna! The getting suspended, finding drugs in your closet, you having an attitude all the damn time, and you never respecting anyone!" She yells which made me flinch at first.

"If you couldn't do it you should of used protection." I spit and she slapped my arm.

"Raeanna Rosalinda Dallas! Do not speak to me in that way! I've had it up to here with you and your little games! You will respect me, I am your mother for god sakes! Learn to keep that big mouth if yours shut!" She yells and I thought she was about to have a stroke.

My mom isn't an abusive parent at all. If anything she's usually calm and collected. She only got violent with me really.

I didn't want her to kick me out of the car so I kept quiet, for once.

We finally got to the airport and we both get out. I grab my bags and bring them inside. She walks with me to the scale where they weigh your bags at.

"Alright I'm going to go. Be safe and call me when you land. Believe it or not I love you." She says and tries to give me a hug. I give her a side hug and she kisses my head.

"I don't think it's called love when you're happy to get rid of your child." I tell her and she just takes a deep breath.

"This is for the best Rae. We need a break, from each other."

If she wasn't my mom I would swear I'm getting dumped. She walks away and I stand there as they put the ticket like things on my bag.

"You're good to go miss." The man tells me and I just nod.

I could order an uber and go hang with friends. But now that I think of it, LA will definitely have better parties than here. Maybe I should try it out.

Here goes the start of my summer. Being away from friends and living with a brother who I barely talk to.
Great.