Chapter 1 - Way too many superpowers

© 2015 by Sandra Corton

ISBN: 978-0-9943930-1-2

All rights reserved.

Published by Sandra Corton

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from the copyright owner.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or used fictitiously, and any resemblance to any actual persons, living or dead, events or locales is entirely coincidental.

Cover Design by Marianne Nowicki

Hey guys so this is my new story! I couldn't wait til Tuesday to upload :) So this is in first person with alternating POV's for Caspian and Winter. I am back in the realm of teen fiction for a while too. The first five chapters or so is going to be in the past so we can see how their relationship builds up. Enjoy and please tell me what you think of it :)

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1 - Way too many superpowers

5 years ago

Caspian's POV

This was the last place I wanted to be but still my excited parents dragged me closer into the room. I didn't want to get examined nor have my powers tested. I just wanted everything to go back to normal but I knew it never would now.

I dragged my feet, hoping that would slow them down, keep me from the hands of this dreadful place. Oh who was I kidding? Ever since I became strong enough to twist metal into pretzels, fast enough to outfly a plane and powerful enough to hurt average people, my parents have been over the moon.

This was my chance to make something of myself, they kept saying. I simply replied that I was only freaking thirteen, what did they expect? I have been so angry since that letter arrived offering me a chance to test my powers and be trained in using them.

No actually I have been raging mad about it, especially when my parents jumped at the chance. They just decided that they knew what was best for me which seemed darn contradictory to how they had acted earlier. When I first got my powers, my parents were frantic for me to return to normal. For a while they treated me like I didn't even exist, as though I was a problem for a later day.

Of course on that fateful day everything was changed. I saved my fellow schoolmates from drowning when our bus ended up in the river and no I have no idea how it happened.

One second the bus was upright and we were all having an uproariously good time, in the next second we were airborne. We flew off a bridge into the freezing waters beneath us. I saved every single life that day and from then on I was never forgotten.

I became the golden boy of the town. Everyone wanted to be my friend and be seen with me. Girls wanted to sit next to me in class with these odd doe eyed looks, constantly sighing. Yet I felt completely isolated from all of them.

Now here I was standing in a long line of excited parents and kids with no chance of escape. Was I truly the only one that didn't want to be here? Then again some kids were even wearing costumes in the form of their favourite superhero. Perhaps I was the only negative one here.

We entered a huge hall like structure then and my eyes widened at the sight. There were booths set up with large letters proclaiming their status from A to F, which I had no idea what they were supposed to mean. Parents and kids were constantly being directed to different booths. In front of the booths there stood a large, impenetrable looking table.