You Can't Always Be Saved

"Bye Alex," I said as I shut the door. She was headed off to catch a plane to Geneva, Switzerland and I had a date. About an hour after she left, I headed to the place I was meeting my online date at. I walked in and walked to the table I thought he was at. "Hey." I said as sat down. "Hey. You must be Cara." He said, pronouncing my name wrong. "Umm it's actually Kara but yes. And you must be Cole." He nodded, cleared his throat, and looked down. This is awkward...

After a quiet, awkward conversation over dinner, he said, "I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I nodded and saw he walked in the direction of the door, not the bathroom. I sighed and used my superhearing to hear him tell the lady at the front to pay for our meal. At least he paid. My thoughts were interrupted when the news came on the TV saying, "Flight 237 to Geneva is experiencing some loss of altitude. The pilot seems to be circling the city after apparent engine failure." "Did she say, Geneva?" I asked no one in particular. Oh god. What am I going to do?

A few minutes later I found myself running down an alleyway trying to do something I hadn't done in years... fly. I ran and jumped, levitating for a few seconds before falling back on the ground. I got back up and tried again. This time, I succeeded and flew off towards where the plane was.

Looking at the plane slowly falling, I debated which way to go about this. Realizing I was running out of time, I flew under the plane and held it's weight and pushed up.

Eventually, I slowly let the plane fall, still holding it's weight and keeping it level. I allowed it to fall into the ocean where the passengers would be able to get out. I stood on the wing of the plane and shot back into the air.

"What the hell was that?!" Alex asked as she burst into my apartment, not bothering to knock. "What do you mean what was that? I just saved your life. I kinda thought you didn't really feel like dying in a plane crash after what happened years ago."

She sighed and nodded. "Thanks. I guess." She said and I walked over and pulled her into a hug.

-------------------------------------------------------

Kara's p.o.v.

I looked to my phone as it rang and answered it, seeing it was J'onn. "Hello?" I said but J'onn was quick to respond. "It's Alex... She's been hurt." He says and