Sewers - Chapter 5

Harry wriggled out from underneath the girl, who watched him with those dark eyes. He stood up and took the chance to study her: a pale complexion with blotchy skin, thick, dark eyelashes and red hair that tumbled down to her waist. She pulled it back into a rough ponytail, revealing many scars, wounds and bruises on her cheeks and neck. She strategically wound a strip of cloth around the base of her ponytail to keep it in place, occasional strands falling out of place and settling about her shoulders. Cute, Harry decided. He wondered what she thought of him: dirty blond hair, always scruffy and dry, pale skin constantly beaten by skin irritations like eczema, and a skinny build that showed all his bones. Her figure, Harry noted, was to his liking - narrow shoulders and wide hips, smallish breasts and a waist that sloped and curved perfectly. 

'What's your name?' Harry asked, suddenly embarrassed for staring at the girl's body. She looked confused.

'Name?' she slowly repeated.

Harry sighed. 'What do people call you? What - are - you- called?' To each of his deliberate words he made obnoxious hand gestures to try and get the message across. She suddenly brightened.

'Thief!' she cried, pleased to understand the question.

'No...' Harry started. 'You don't understand. That's more of a... an insult. A nickname.' She frowned.

'Name is Nick?' Harry gave an moan of exasperation. 

'Thief it is. Rightio Thief, where's Stephy?' 

'What is Stephy?' Harry wanted to shake this idiot. 

'Stephy... a girl... like you. But younger. I'm looking for her.' Thief cried out and Harry jumped.

'Young one! Monster took young ones, I get them back.'

'Wait, what?' Harry felt the panic rise in his chest. 'What monster?'

'Monster... scary, colourful, and funny. It looks stupid.' Harry gulped.

Rats and spiders he could deal with. Kind of.

But not that.

Not clowns.