M24: Matthijs van de Berg ~Left~

Name: Matthijs van de Berg

Gender: Male

Time Period: 21st century

Age: Twenty, though barely anybody believes that. People mainly think he is younger because he acts foolish and immature most of the time.

Appearance: Matthijs, or Mattie as he is teasingly referred to by his friends, has brown fluffy hair and brown-greenish eyes. Though his face looks quite boyish, he does have to shave on a regular basis to prevent a beard to form on his face. (Here, I have provided a picture because I can not describe this: On the side )

Personality: Matthijs is quite down to earth, just as most people from his country. He will tell you exactly what he thinks when he thinks so and sometimes honestly forgets about the emotions of others. That is not because he doesn’t care, but because he has been putting away his own emotions for so long that he almost forgot what it feels like to feel. He has many demons following him around that he doesn’t want other people to know about, he doesn’t to be seen as weak. That is why he hides  behind the mask of a joker and he cracks a lot of jokes, sometimes at his own expense.

History: Matthijs’ childhood has not been great. His mother died when he was young, leaving him alone with his mean and abusive father. Many people, including neighbors, have tried to get Matthijs out of his nasty situation but they never quite succeeded. The children protection services in the Netherlands are not too great though. Thanks to his troublesome home situation, Matthijs didn’t get to spend much time on his education and barely managed to graduate. A few days after graduation he moved out, not wanting to spend another day with his father. From that day onwards Matthijs has been job-hopping a lot whilst trying to find a way to deal with his demons. His solution is to just keep it all in and put on a mask; to pretend.

Doctor You Chose: The 10th doctor. Just because.

Token: Since his English is not very good, Matthijs has a two in one dictionary; Dutch-English and English-Dutch.

Other: As you may already have understood, Matthijs is Dutch. He lives in the Netherlands, is Dutch, speaks Dutch… He simply is Dutch. His accent is not always understandable and his lack of knowledge about pretty much any grammar will make conversations quite hard.