Chapter 2

©ShazneemTamana

Chapter 2

I just looked at him, dad couldn't be saying what I just heard. Betrothed arranged to marry? huh what the hell what century was this? No he had not said it or yeah its a joke yes ofcourse

"Daddy?" I looked at him thinking any moment he will burst out laughing. "Its a joke right? You two would not just set up my marriage I'm 17 today, Mum?"

They just sat there, dad was looking at me as though I was the one who had said what he had. My stomache was churning. I felt physically sick.

"Pack your bags Anisa now we leave soon" Dad said.

I could not believe it was what he had said actually real?."Mum? say something what the hell is going on?" I was getting angry my emotions were everywhere. My mother looked at me with pain

"I'm sorry angel but your father is right you are going to get married"

she looked at father and slipped her hand in his. What! she was agreeing with this my own mother. She wasn't even from Shaheera and did not even follow their way but was fine with dad arranging my marriage to a stranger shit forget that I am only 17 of god I have not even completed year 5 in high school, was still in the middle of doing my A levels. I looked at both of them for another minute my father had a face blank of emotions. And mum looked pained yet was supporting him.

"Like hell I will!" I shouted.

I ran up stairs and locked my door. This was not happening no no way. I would never agree to this, I had rights. Even girls in Shaheera had rights now based on the law there I knew the girl to marry had to agree to it. They couldnt force me to get me married there and hell no way here either.

My phone rang. My mind was exploding. I looked at it it was my best friend Michelle,

" Hey Ani Happy birthday huni ooh I got you something special hmm it will make you look yummy. . . " I was crying I couldn't stop, "Ani what is it, shit did I do something I'm sorry ani speak please baby speak" I was crying and laughed and how she could think it was her if only she knew, should I tell her? I decided someone should know.

"Michelle I. . My dad came back today . . " She broke me of wIth a woopee

"Oh thats great I know you have not seen him in some time and on your birthday thats a present in its self what he get you?" I just looked at my reflection in the mirror tears mixed with mascara rolling down my cheeks.

I breathed slowly in out, but the pain that was building up inside me was ready to explode, I gasped tried so hard to reel it in. "He. . I. daddy got me a a"

"Whats wrong Ani please tell me?" She knew something was up "Ani huni what is it? whats wrong?" She asked me again as I had not anwsered her before for a good 2 minutes.

"We had breakfast and then he, dad said I was getting married he basically. . for my seventeenth he got me a a Husband" I strangled out and cried so hard that mum and dad burst through the door. My head was pounding it hurt and my vision blurred the last thing I heard was Michelle gasp and screech " A HUSBAND!!!"

A/N

 ahh she fainted Poor Anisa

Comment vote fan

thankyou

Ms Shaz

Copyright Shazneem Tamana