The Hourglass Effect

You must have an hourglass that has withstood longer than the span of your life.

It's roughly eighteen years old, why?

It must stand alone, and the glass must be pure. Other materials will not suffice. The glass may be tainted by the slightest of injuries, but do not allow it to bear a deep wound or large obscurity.

Hmm, I see it's in good condition.

The hourglass must see no light for the next three days, three nights, and until the passing of the thirty-third second.

You may still turn back from this point.

It's time..

Proceed after on a moonless night to take the hourglass out from where it was hidden. Watch the most accurate clock in your dwelling carefully, focusing on the second hand. When the hour shifts to twelve, quickly turn the hourglass over and watch the sands fall.

This must be done at exactly twelve. It is from this point that you may no longer undo what has been done.

No, I can't..

A sudden exhaustion will rack your body. Do not fall asleep yet, or you will cease to exist by the next dawn. You must stay awake as the sands pile up in the bottom of the hourglass. Once they come to a point where one minute remains, you must then stare into a mirror and fall asleep watching it. Watching you.

This is crucial. Do not be awake when the sands run out.

If done correctly, you will be returned to a life you have lived before. Your current life and all of its memories will be temporarily stored in the astral plane.

I'll find my way.

Be careful upon wasting time.

This could cost you your existence.

I promise I'll fix this.