Competition Start

A/N: Disclaimer: Some parts were directly taken/adapted from the prince of tennis anime.

Rei woke up feeling refreshed, and since they were the first seed, they were allowed to be late for an hour. She freshened up and wore her Rikkaidai regular jersey. It was yellow with horizontal black stripe near the chest area and red and white stripes on the shoulders area. She also wore short black shorts and yellow skirt with vertical black stripe on the right side. Lastly, she placed her white cap on her head.

She went down the girls' dormitory, ate her food, and went out.

Outside waiting for her to her surprise is Kirihara, Marui, and Jackal.

"Rei-chan what took you so long?" Kirihara said

"Why are you senpais here? Shouldn't you be at the tournament place already?" Rei asked.

"Heh! We thought you were going to oversleep so we decided to wait for you," Kirihara said

"Wouldn't that be you?" Rei countered.

"What do you mean me? I'm earlier than you!"

"Hmph! I bet one of the senpais woke you up!"

"W-well.."

"Stop bickering you two lovebirds. It's too early for a banter, we should hurry up," Jackal said

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN LOVEBIRDS?!" both fumed at the same time.

"Heh! Nice going Jackal," said Marui, "Let's go guys."

The four of them took the bus with Marui and Jackal sitting together and Akaya and Rei sitting together. As soon as he sat, Akaya was fast asleep. Rei listened to her iPod and waited for time to pass.

"Hey! Sleepy-head wake up! We're already here!" Rei said

Akaya opened his eyes and was greeted with Rei's beautiful face peering at him. His sleep-addled brain thought, 'An angel'. He was startled and blushed immediately.

--

Since this is just the preliminaries the regulars wanted Rei to get as much experience as they can so Rei is usually slotted for Singles 3 while Akaya is slotted for Singles 2 – which didn't help him much as they expect both doubles matches and the singles match to be won by Rikkaidai.

Their first match is against Ginka Jr. High and all 5 matches should be played. Rikkaidai finished all of their games 6-0.

Their second match is against Gyokurin Jr. High and they ended it within 1 hour, all 6-0.

Their championship match is against a no-name school named Fudoumine.

"Ever heard of Fudoumine, Renji-senpai?" Kirihara asked.

"I just scouted a few of their matches and they seem to have some skills" said Renji, "However, beating them shouldn't be a problem for us."

"We shouldn't be careless. At all costs, we must win, this is our pride as champions" Yukimura reminded them

"Hai!" everyone answered.

--

Doubles 2 was Marui & Jackal versus Sakurai Masaya and Ishida Tetsu. They got surprised by the Hadoukyuu and Marui was not able to return it so they won 6-1 instead of 6-0.

Doubles 1 was Niou & Renji versus Uchinoda Kyosuke and Mori Tatsunori. They won 6-0.

Singles 3 is Echizen Rei versus Ibu Shinji. Rei was winning 4-0.