I dont think I can stop myself...

I awoke the next morning with soft warmth on my face. As I opened my eyes I could see black and blue. I quickly realised it was the duvet that had managed to work its way up my body and onto my face. I laughed to myself as I started trying to work my way out. I stopped as I heard muffled laughing from outside the darkness. I quickly struggled out of the duvet releasing myself at last. I gave a sigh of relief as I realised it was only Steve. Denis was fast asleep on the chair next to him.

"Oh, your face is a perfect picture!" He carried on laughing as he started to open the curtains, letting the light pour in.

"Shhh..." I replied groggily but with a smile. "Shut the curtains, its to bright" My eyes were burning no matter how much I tightened them.

"Oh, but its such a wonderful day. Look I'll pull them to hows that?" There was now just a thin line of light against the wardrobe oppisite the window. I nodded in response now able to open my eyes.

I was sat up in the bed rubbing my eyes, as Steve signaled for me to move my legs so he could sit down. I obeyed. My legs were now crossed, as he seemed to fall on the bed making me bounce and laugh. He just smiled at me. "Your welcome." He said as he stood up and sat back down again, twice. Making me bounce even higher. I had moved forwards and was nearly on top of him this time. We ended up waking sweet little Denis.

"Stop it," I tried to be serious but I couldnt stop laughing. "I mean it, Im end up landing on top of you at this rate" My voice bounced as I finished the sentence due to another bounce. I was now in the process of falling towards the edge of the bed. I carried on laughing anyway. I was expecting to fall off when I felt Steve's arm catch me. Instead of falling right I was now forwards and right. Lying scarishly comfortably on his lap. We carried on laughing as he helped me sit up. Denis I think had had enough and left downstairs. "See I could of gotten hurt, you bouncing would off thrown me off. If I was any lighter I be over by the bookcase" I moaned still smiling and laughing a little. Steve was just standing up as I finished.

"But I wouldnt let that happen, you of all people should know that..." He said softly and so quitely I only just heard him.

I was slightly shocked and my mouth was open just a little bit, I was starting to see Steve in a whole new light, what was happening and how would Marnie react. He liked me in high school that was like like however long ago and he had sent me a valentines card one year but surely that was just a fling or something he couldnt still... No, no he couldnt that was so long ago.

He was now by the door. "I'll see ya down stairs... Hm" I looked out the window as he walked down the stairs following Denis. And boy did I hear him walk down the stairs. He only walked the stairs with that heavy a foot when something was up... Had I upset him in not returning the effection, had I not said something, had I said something, what did I do?...

I quickly shook off the felling and stood up grabbing my brush in the process. I brushed my hair and decided just to let it fall, it could move easily that way. I got changed into a turquoise strapless top and a pair of denim shorts. I grabbed a pair of black pumps and opened the door. I went to the bathroom and did a little bit of mascara. I then ran back in to Steves room and put on my butterfly necklace. I thought it was a nice touch. As I got to the stairs I could here Marnie and Steve in the kitchen. Marnie had just shut the back door, presumably letting Denis out. Marnie was talking calmly but furstratedly where as Steve was frantic, annoyed and great deal louder. I wondered what they were talking about so I sat on the top stair. I didnt quite hear all the conversation but I think I heard enough.

"...you knew I could never get over her properly..."

"...but thats not the point you have to now, it will help everything..."