III

Percy stood staring at different variations of the same outfit. He had a few dress shirts and a few pairs of black jeans layer out on his bed. All of the outfits would look virtually the same, but Percy wanted to look his best tonight.
He wasn't totally sure why, but something told him it was because Annabeth was going to be at Thalia's party that night.
He ended up deciding on a dark blue-green button down and a pair of non ripped black skinny jeans. Then he pulled on some black vans, rolled up his sleeves, messed up his hair a little, put on cologne, and grabbed his phone and wallet from his desk.
"I'm going over to Thalia's, Mom. See you later."
"Ok sweetheart have a good time. Love you!"
"Love you too, Mom." Percy said with a smile as he closed the door behind him.
Thankfully Thalia lived pretty close so he didn't have to walk that far.
As Percy stepped outside he was hit with a cool blast of air and the sounds of cars honking, people yelling, and faint music off in the distance. In other words, home.
Percy couldn't imagine not living in the city. Not having the sounds to fall asleep to or the feeling of liveliness in the air at all times. It truly was the city that never sleeps, which was reassuring to him. There was always something happening, which gave his ADHD mind constant stimulation and something to focus on. It actually made the condition less noticeable in his everyday life.
Percy would often get lost in his thoughts like this and before he knew it, he was outside of the Grace's apartment and hearing the faint buzz of music through the door.
He walked inside and was surprised to see so many people. Jason must have invited his friends.
Percy walked over to where Nico, Thalia, Will, and Reyna were standing and grabbed a cup of punch. They made small talk until the two couples went to go dance, leaving Percy alone by the snack table.
He didn't really mind though and just let his eyes aimlessly sweep the room until they landed on a certain blonde haired girl walking through the door.
Annabeth took a step in uncertainly and looked around the room until she saw Percy and breathed out a sigh of relief. She began to make her way over to him and Percy felt his breath catch in his throat.
Annabeth had donned a simple grey fitted dress and it made her eyes vibrantly pop.
Her hair was loose around her shoulders and her makeup was simple and Percy thought she looked absolutely gorgeous.
She had always been cute but now he realized how beautiful she really was.
"Hi." They both said simultaneously causing the two teens to laugh.
"You look really nice, Annabeth."
"So do you."
They awkwardly stared at anything but each other until a call from Nico saved them both.
"Hey guys, come over here! We're going to play some party games!" He called out.
Annabeth and Percy both let out a silent breath of relief and walked over to where most of the other partygoers were gathered in a loose circle.
"So how about we play some truth or dare?" Thalia suggested and a series of agreements swept around the room.
By the time they were thirty minutes into the game, two guys named Jason and Leo had switched shirts, a girl named Hazel was chugging water, trying to get the taste of a horrible concoction out of her mouth, and the Stoll brothers were sharing some of their best tales of mischief.
Then someone had the brilliant idea to play a drinking game, which after a while resulted in a very cuddly Nico clinging to Will, an extremely suggestive Thalia, and an almost sober Percy.
And since the group of teens was so rebellious they elected unanimously to watch a Disney movie. But which Disney movie to watch, that was the problem.
There were 7 votes for mulan, 5 for Hercules, and 4 for frozen.
The two loosing teams were slightly miffed at first, but they quickly forgot their dissatisfaction once "I'll make a man out of you" started playing, and soon there were sixteen teenagers singing their hearts out to the Disney song.
Since it was late by the time the movie had ended, and a lot of kids had already fallen asleep, most of them decided to just sleep at Thalia and Jason's apartment.
Among that group was Percy and Annabeth who woke up snuggled together on the couch.
Once everyone had woken up, the Stolls went to the local drugstore and got toothbrushes and toothpaste for everyone and when they came back, the teenagers made about 50 pancakes give or take a few, for breakfast.
By 11:00, there was an alarming amount of syrup all over every surface imaginable and 16 full, happy teens.
People gradually left throughout the day and around 1:00, Percy and Annabeth left after deciding to walk home together.
Annabeth just so happened to live down the street from Percy in a more upscale apartment complex, so the walk wasn't that far.
Once they reached Annabeth's door, they both awkwardly stared at each other until Annabeth suddenly wrapped her arms around Percy's chest.
Percy was surprised at first, but he returned the embrace with a smile.
They pulled away after a few seconds and both Annabeth and Percy were suddenly much colder in the crisp winter air than they had been moments ago.
"See you on Monday." Annabeth said with a smile.
"I'll be awaiting the day." Percy replied in a happy, joking manner, surprised to realize he meant it as he started the walk towards his apartment.