Chapter 7

CHAPTER SEVEN

“Right away,” Marcy replied. I stared at her, then at Derek, and then back at her.

“I can?!” I exclaimed. Marcy smiled and Derek grinned.

“Of course you can,” she said warmly. I shrieked and hugged Derek. He picked me up and swung me in a circle and we both started laughing when he put me back down. I had known this boy for barely three hours and it already felt like I had known him a lifetime. I could already tell we were going to be amazing friends. And maybe more . . .

SHUSH. Don’t think about impossible things like that! Just because he is incredibly hot and now your friend doesn’t mean you can go all mushy and flirty. Just friends. Strictly friends.

I grinned up at him and he grinned back. Marcy came up to me and gave me a quick hug.

“I am so glad to have another amazing student like you, and not just because you are a good dancer,” she said warmly. I smiled back at her. I turned to Derek.

“You still need to practice! And at that- hurry up because I still need to get some dinner!” I told him.

“Fine, fine!” he said grinning and went back to practicing with Marcy. I watched for another half hour before going back into the women’s changing room to change out of the leo. I changed out of the leo and tights and folded them in a nice pile on the bench, placing the slippers next to them. Once I was back into my uniform, much to my disliking, I grabbed the stuff and headed back to the practice room.

They had just finished up their lesson and Marcy was talking to Derek as he wiped sweat off his neck with a towel. She was explaining something to him when I walked up to them.

“Umm, I’m sorry, but what should I do with these?” I said, referring to the leo, tights, and slippers.

“Oh, just give those to me Hun. I’ll wash it with some of the other leos I already need to wash,” she said to me and took the leo and tights. “And you,” she said to Derek, “can go get changed.”

He nodded to Marcy and gave me a grin before walking out of the practice room. I watched him go.

“He sure is . . .” I trailed off.

“Cute?” Marcy finished for me with a wink. I blushed and looked down. She laughed.

 I coughed and looked up.

“Umm, what should I do with the slippers?” I asked. A little half smile spread across her face.

“Keep them,” she said kindly.

“But I-!” I started but she cut me off.

“No! I want you to keep them. I don’t think I could trust anyone else with them, and these slippers have already seen enough of me back in my day. They deserve a new user who I know will take good care of them,” she trustingly.

“But- but you barely know me! How can you trust me like that?”

She smiled warmly.

“I just know,” she replied. I pursed my lips, and then pressed the slippers to my chest tightly.

“I will take good care of them!” I promised.

“I know you will.”

I grinned and slipped the dancing shoes into my messenger bag at my side.

Derek walked back into the room, brown hair tousled sexily, bag slung over his shoulder, and shirt unbuttoned at the top two buttons, slightly showing off his muscled chest. I blushed and looked back at Marcy, trying to avoid his eyes.