Chapter 2

CHAPTER  TWO

I bit my lip nervously as Tofu led me over to a group of boys. All of which were tall and amazingly gorgeous as him. He lead me up to group and I stopped next to him. He said hi and “man hugged” all four of them.

“This is Lucas, Rob, Jeremy, and Kevin.”

He introduced each one to me.

Lucas was largely built, with a buzz cut short dark, hair and dark grey eyes that looked like they could kill you if they wanted.

“Hello!” he said brightly, flashing a white grin. I was sort of shocked, he had looked so  . . .scary. They all laughed at my expression when he greeted me.

“Yeah, everyone does that when they meet Luke,” Tofu said, grinning me and slapping me on the back. Lucas gave a sheepish smile.

Rob was tanned and Italian looking, his wavy dark almost black hair nearly hanging into his equally dark colored eyes.

Ciao, nice to meet you,” he said to me. I wasn’t surprised my his use of Italian, it fit him, seeing as he was, now, obviously Italian.

Jeremy was pale white with a shock of bright orange hair atop his head. It hung flat and barely an inch past his hairline. He also wore a pair of square glasses that didn’t make him ant less attractive. 

“Hey,” he said, lifting a hand to me with a slight smile on his face. Hmm, I wonder if he is smart . . . he seems to give off the vibe and the glasses show that he is near-sided . . . This should be fun. I smirked and said “hello, nice to meet you” like I had to the others.

Last of all was Kevin. Kevin had skin has dark as coffee and hair as short as Lucas’s. His eyes were a chocolate brown and were warm and inviting.

Hi there, nice to meet you,” he said with a surprisingly British accent. Finally, not that I had been waiting or anything, Tofu introduced me. Except that didn’t work out so well.

“This is . . .well . . .” He looked at me, eyebrows furrowed. “I never actually got your name . . .” he said a little uncomfortably. I laughed.

“My name is Lexon. Lexon Darrace. I’m a sophomore from Spokane, Washington. I hope we can all get along well. I hope,” I said, shooting a glare at Tofu. They all laughed.

“Well, anyway, this is Lexon, I guess, he lives in my apartment complex,” he said with a shrug.

“Yeah, like you can actually call that place an apartment,” Rob said with a snort. We laughed. It felt nice, finally having people to be around that I could laugh with like that.

I felt my phone buzz yet again and play Helena Beat’s chorus. I pulled it out.

Emerald.

“Shit,” I murmured. Tofu looked over at me, none of the other guys had noticed and were still talking.

“What’s wrong?”

“I forgot to call my friend . . . I’ll be right back,” I said and walked away. I didn’t walk too far away, just enough so they couldn’t hear me. I picked up and nervously lifted the phone to my face.

“Yo, Emerald,” I said, attempting nonchalance.

“DON’T YOU “Yo Emerald” ME!” she screamed, “YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO CALL ME THE MOMENT YOU WOKE UP! AND I HAVE BEEN SITTING HERE  WAITING AND WAITING BECAUSE I CAN’T REMEMBER HOW THE FREAKING TIME TONES WORK AND I CAN’T GOOGLE IT BECAUSE MY COMPUTER DOESN’T WORK! I HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK GOD DAMNIT!” she shrieked in my ear. I held the phone away a little, waiting for her to calm down.