Chapter 8 - Stalemate

The blanket suddenly lifted, that was the best way I could describe it, and we heard movements in the other cabin. We resumed our 'sleeping' though I doubted any of us could really sleep. There was a knock on the door, after five minutes, a key unlocking it and Nick peering in.

"You all right? It got pretty quiet." 

"Shut up, Nick." Daniella growled, throwing a pillow, rolling over in her bed. "We're sleeping."

He blinked and nodded, before backing off. "Okay. Just checking. We'll be asleep for a while, I thought I'd warn you, Clayton's a bit cranky... better to stay away from it for a while."

"When's he not cranky?" Savannah muttered, yawning a huge yawn. "Go away before we get cranky. Come back with dinner at seven."

He left, Daniella stood up to relock the door, though it was pointless if they had a spare key.

"Don't speak a word about Jeremy coming." I warned. I didn't have to, of course, but they nodded.

We lay there for some time, unable to sleep, the three of us stressed out. Daniella finally managed to fall asleep though, when I came to sit beside her, finally allowing the close contact that was normal for werewolves to enjoy. I kept a hand on her side as she slept.

When she woke, some hours later, we discussed how we could find out which it was. Poessison or glamour. Stupid magic. I was starting to dislike it. It was like someone had given them the cheats and we were trying to play by the rules.

"If they're being used, we need to wear their bodies down. Eat as much of their dinner as we can get away with. Keep them up late. Challenge them to watch things that they'd normally not tolerate. Like..." Savannah stood up and went to pull out a white bathing suit with a very low cut neckline. Full body, thankfully, my tummy just wasn't up to being shown yet. But it was pretty sexy when my boobs were still painfully full of milk and falling out all over the place. "Anne, if you wore this in front of Nick, while there were strange human men in the pool, would he mind?"

I shook my head. No. He wouldn't mind it too much. He'd probably stare it for so long that he'd forget others were even around. 

"What about this?" She turned it around so I could see the other end.

It was backless with just a little tie holding the uppar part of it against my chest. Sure, my scars would be out, but so would everything else. Not just that though. It may not have been a g-string, or a thong as Americans called it, but it was bloody close to one. "He'd hate that. In front of him, sure, but in front of strange human men..."

"While at the giftstore I invited some of the guests for a evening swim with us. Here." She threw it at me and I stared at it. Strappy, laced up kind, and a g-string? I wasn't sure how I'd wear it. "It won't go see-through wet. So I want you to wriggle your hips, walk around, and make sure you get soaking wet in the pool in that."

She handed Daniella a green and white printed bikini with a similar design. Daniella scowled at it.

"We're using our bodies as weapons here. Men don't know how dangerous women can be sometimes." Savannah pulled out her own, a black bikini, a wicked grin. "I came prepared for Brazil. Rio's beaches are famous."

"So we ..."

"Steal as much of their food as we can. Take them swimming, prance around in these things in front of the Brazilian soccer players, and wriggle hips. Oh, and splash each other." Savannah grinned wider. "Giggle. That kind of thing. If Nick is in that body, and he sees you behaving like that..."