Chapter 6 - Brazilian mutts

We went only a few streets away to some kind of nightclub, filled with beautiful people, and they took one look at Nick and Clayton and let us in. Savannah was close behind as well, watching our backs. She was much more alert looking than Nick or Clayton, eyes focused, and I had to admit I agreed with her there. Jetlag was doing great things for staying up late.

The nightclub had two stories, one for dancing, and a second story that had a balcony that looked down onto it. The bar was busy, people everywhere, the smell of sweat and other things mingling with the humidity of the night and the alcohol. Clayton gestured upstairs to the balcony and I nodded. I'd probably go up there too soon.

Nick grabbed my hand and yanked me across to the bar. I got a drink and gestured upstairs too, which made him frown till he grabbed Savannah and pulled her into the throbbing dancing people. I took one look at them and felt a small shudder at the idea of being rubbed up against by so many people...

I found out though, as I stood there for half an hour sipping a cocktail, that that wasn't something I could avoid. Boobs, a bum, someone's hip, a hand squeezing my behind from one of the mysterious people in the crowd, down on the first floor people just crowded together. When that hand returned and tried to slip up my dress I was quick to retreat, climbing the stairs for the second floor, deciding that maybe watching from up there was safer than down here.

It was more or less like an grope-fest up here. Lounges were in the corners, another bar, darker lighting, and I could smell something a little beyond cuddling going on in one corner. I inhaled, searching for Clayton, watching Nick and Savannah seemingly ignore or not care about being pressed against by a bunch of strangers. This was one area of life I'd struggle to share with him... but then, I had never been in a place that was so crowded before.

I backed up against the wall as people moved past, giggling, purring at each other in Portuguese, one of the men stopping to openly check me out, till he was tugged away.

As I watched them, someone else found me, and I found myself pinned against the wall by a tall man with a very large tan, speaking Portuguese, before he got that I didn't speak that, switching to accent heavy English. Hands closed around my arms as he stepped closer. I might have been alarmed but I'd already seen this one try this with a couple of other women downstairs. I thought. There were a lot of men being kind of sleezy around here. 

"You smell good. You like me?" He grinned, pinning me harder, lips coming down to kiss me before I could answer. I was a bit stunned, standing there, as some stranger kissed me hard. A hand groped my behind and I knew exactly who it'd been and why this one had come up like this. Maybe he thought my retreat to the balcony was an invitation. As he tried to start something, and I quickly removed the hand, I smelt him before he smelt me. Another werewolf? The first one we'd found and we hadn't had to even leave Rio. Course, the problem was that he was kissing me and I wasn't returning it, so he leaned back, a little put off by that.

Then his nostrils flared and his eyes widened. Nose came up to find under my neck, free hand returning to the original place so he could hold my arms, keeping me steady as he sniffed lightly. I knew what he'd smelt, under the tan and the hair and the perfume, the other scent wafting up out of my pores as I sweated in the humid night.

"You a woman?" He blinked at me, stunned, though he didn't try the kiss again. Eyes went down my dress. "A real … like me... woman?"

Clayton yanked him off me, shoving him away, arm coming across my shoulders as he fixed his stare into the other werewolf.

His nostrils flared as Clayton's scent filled his nostrils too. For a moment his face hardened till he shook his head and that wide smile came back on.