Reality

I awoke with warmth enveloping me, a feeling of safety and peace. My neck was a little sore but otherwise I felt great.

Stretching I found that I was in a bed and I was  not alone. The warmth came from the body of the man from earlier. I tried moving but his steel grip didn't budge. His arms had me trapped, my back to his chest. Wiggling I tried to escape but it was no use.

My bladder getting the best of me I made one last attempt to break free. I slapped the man across the cheek. His hand reached up in impulse and I was able to maneuver out of the other one.

"What the hell!" He rose up looking around frantically. I was already at the door to connected bathroom. "Sorry but I really have to go to the bathroom and you were holding me down."

Before he could answer I had the door closed and locked. I heard his impatient pacing in front of the door while the water ran in the sink for the last five minutes. Stalling I tried to wrap my mind around what I just saw. Well since I didn't know how long I had been asleep what I saw earlier today. Oh my, I hope it is still today. If I don't check in with the ladies at the shop at the end of the evening they will send a search party and from what I overheard the party will not leave the forest standing.

*bang, bang*

Jumping at the sudden loud noise I hit my knee on the counter. "Ouch!"

"What's wrong, what happened! Open the door so I can make sure your ok," came the frantic voice from the other side of the door. The door knob rattling and insistent bagging was irritating me, "back up and I will open the door."

A sigh then shuffling feet. Waiting a few more seconds I opened the door slowly. As soon as I stepped out arms were crushing me to a chest again.

"Woah, back up there buddy,"
I once again tried detaching myself but holy hell, his grip was strong. "Please, its starting to hurt."

At the word hurt his vice like grip fell to just his arms lightly touching my back and waist. He rested his forehead on mine, "I'm sorry love. I didn't mean to hurt you. I am still new to all this and these emotions are making me all sorts of confused and on edge."

"Well join the club buddy. I'm so confused I'm giving myself a headache," I reached up and rubbed my temples.

"I'm sorry, is there any thing I can help with? Answer any questions?"

"Yes, first you can let me go. Second where is all my stuff? My red cape, bag? Phone?"

It seemed he was battling with himself for a few seconds but he did eventually let his arms drop. With a hurt look he answered, "They are still in the living room." He turned and walked out the door with me close behind.

I heard banging  from the kitchen area when we were walking down the hallway. Man this place is bigger than I originally thought. Many doors were closed as we passed them and several bathrooms were visible. Reaching the open front room I saw the kitchen and dining area.

A woman and a teen girl were cooking. "Mom, I told you not to make a big deal. We don't need a big meal."

The very beautiful woman turned at the sound of the mans voice, "Nonsense Talan, Alpha is on his way and we need to make a good impression."

A shiver went though my body at the word alpha. All those things about alphas I read made them seem mean and cruel. Noticing my shiver Talan, as I now know him, stepped closer and rubbed his hands up and down my arms, "cold? Let me get you a blanket."