Chapter Fifteen

"Keith. . .please, say something."

The ghost says, but the short boy doesn't respond. He's busy fixing the colar of his suit. He moves onto putting his tie around his neck as he looks into the mirror. The short boy's hands stop moving as he stares at the person looking back at him. His skin was pale, his hair all messed up, his eyes has bags under them, his cheeks had lost their rosy color, and his mouth never curves into a smile. He looks awful.

"Keith, you look like you're attending your own funeral."

". . .Well," He continues fixing his tie. "I guess I'll put that on the list of the funerals I'll have to attend to. After all, I have to attend my mother's a week later."

"My god, Keith."

"Funny that the first time I'll ever see your mother is at your funeral."

"Uhm. . .I know. She'll be thankful once she hears what you've done for me. You'll love her. She's very nice."

"No offense, but she just lost her son who she thought was still alive. Maybe she's not gonna be 'very nice' today."

"Why are you so snappy? This is the last day we'll ever be together."

"Bingo! You said it." Keith pulls onto his finished tie, then runs a hand through his hair. "I did everything for you and you're just gonna leave me like this?"

"You did everything for me because I have to leave. Did you forget that? You even called me asshole before."

"That was before I was blinded of the fact that I need you."

"Keith, stop! Stop it, please!"

The short boy grits his teeth and punches the mirror. "Lance! If you're gonna leave, then just go!"

"What?"

"You heard me. If you're gonna leave, then just leave now! Go to the funeral without me. You're only following me around because I'm the only one that could help you, right? Now that I did, you can go. LEAVE."

"Keith, you're being ridiculous. Now you just broke your mirror and hurt yourself. You need to get that treated."

"What do you care anyway? You're just gonna go, you're just gonna leave me just like what mom and dad did."

"You're letting your emotions cloud your judgement. Calm down. I'm sure Shiro will be here to pick you up in any minute now. Get yourself together."

"Shut up! I don't need to hear this bullshit!"

"Keith, you better let me talk!"

"What are you even gonna say to make me feel better, huh? Unless you're gonna tell me a way out of this situation, hm? Do I just have to pinch myself to wake up from this nightmare? Or-or snap out of this day dream that I'm having in class? Tell me, Lance. I want to know. Tell me what's left of this stupid apartment of mine that is giving me the will to live. Maybe that's it, maybe I should just die."

"No, Keith! Don't you even think about ending your own life. You'll regret it."

"Why not? Better than to live this way. Death is inevitable. Dad died, mom died, and you died. It'll all go down to it anyway."

"And what will Shiro say? Are you just gonna let him feel bad about his life than he already is because of his sister? And Hunk and Pidge? They need you now more than ever."

Keith sighs then sits on the edge of his bed. He buries his face into his hands.

"I don't know. I can't. . .I can't think straight. I don't know what to do. . .how do I just, just move on from this like it never happened? Like it never mattered to me?"