Chapter Nine: Hot Tea

Val and M decided to leave a little after that. Something about Mason and I needing the time alone to “bond” (to which Val said, “HOW CAN THEY BOND ANY MORE!? THEY’VE ALREADY HAD SEX”). The morning was slow and quiet after that, though, but not in an I-think-I-can-hear-myself-killing-someone kind of quiet. As much as I hate silence, I was actually thankful when they left. No offence to them or anything; I just felt like they were always around the corner when we were together. It was time we were completely alone.

“Hungry?” Mason asked, chin resting on my head.

“Kind of,” I said, rubbing my eyes. “What time is it?”

“Almost noon,” he said.

"Wow,” I mumbled. “I can’t believe we actually slept in all morning.”

He chuckled. “You said you wanted to.”

“I know, but I never thought we’d stay in bed just lying here.”

“It’s comfortable,” he said easily, arms squeezing around me in a small hug. “Plus, who knows when I’m going to get the chance to hold you in my arms when you’re naked?”

I rolled my eyes. “Just have to through that out there, don’t you?”

He smirked, but it was lazy, lopsided, and unbelievable sexy. “Always.” He kissed the top off my head. “I’ll make breakfast. Want pancakes or eggs?”

“Can we have pancakes and eggs?” I asked, looking up at him. “I think I want a breakfast sandwich.”

“Sure,” he agreed, tossing the covers off himself. “You want syrup on them?”

“Yeah.”

“Alright. It’ll be done in a minute.”

"Okay,” I mumbled. “I think I’m going to take a shower.”

He shot me a smirk, hands pausing on a pair of boxers. “Want to take one together?”

My face burned and I shook my head. “I don’t think I’m ready for that yet.”

He chuckled, shaking his head as he pulled them on and grabbed a pair of sweats. “So strange.”

“Bite me,” I muttered, sitting up.

“Already did.” He stepped into the hallway.

I was hot, face red to my ears probably, as I got out of the covers, throwing them at the foot of the bed. I opened the drawer, staring at our clothes.

I even shared the dresser and closet with him…

Oh god. I was sure my neck was red now.

Grabbing a pair of underwear and one of his shirts, I left the room and headed up the stairs, ignoring the slight chill from the air.

The bathroom was the same as it’d always been, just with more stuff. You could tell it wasn’t just me and him: Valery’s favorite Wacoal bra is hanging on the side of the hamper, a pair of zebra print underwear (that I’m almost positive are Miranda’s) on the floor next to it. A hairdryer is hanging by its cord next to the sink, scattered remains of make-up powder and perfume hanging in the air.

Shaking my head, I unplugged the hairdryer, throwing the underwear in the hamper before putting the over it and placing the hairdryer on top, cord still dangling to the floor, but at least it’s not plugged in.

I turn on the shower, letting the steam fill the room completely before stepping into the scorching water. It felt good, warming my cool skin and relaxing my muscles. There was an ache in between my legs and on my neck, but the water helped ease it, if only a little.

Walking was going to be a bitch tomorrow that was for sure.

I lathered shampoo in my hair, thoughts swimming in last night.

It wasn’t like I ever imagined the first time I’d sleep with someone – honestly, with my father, I never thought I’d lived long enough – but I had always assumed I’d wait till marriage. Not to sound like a nun, but it was just something that felt like the best thing to do. After all, if the man were willing to marry me, then, obviously, he would be okay with all the scars I had already. But Mason was. He was the first one to discover them; he was the one who treated them. The suds filled the floor of the shower and I watched one roll down the red line diagonally along my stomach.

He hadn’t even acknowledged them.

It was weird, in a way, but a good weird. Like a relief.

When I finished wiping down my body with Dove, being careful not to irritate sensitive skin, I turned off the water and grabbed a towel to wrap my hair with. I pulled my underwear on – a simple, white pair – and Mason’s shirt before stepping out.

The smell of fresh pancakes and the sound of eggs and bacon cooking made my stomach hurt. Jesus, how long has it been since I ate?

I did skip dinner last night…

Mason smiled at me as I sat down, frying pan in hand. “You look hungry, love.”

“I am,” I admitted. “I skipped dinner last night.”

He nodded, knowing the reason. “Good thing, because I made a lot.”

“I can see that,” I muttered, watching as he piled bacon on a plate in between two glasses of tea. “Why did you decide to make tea instead of OJ or milk or something, though?”

He shrugged. “I’m in the mood for tea this morning. Is that okay or would you rather have orange juice?”

I shake my head, picking up a knife and fork. “It’s fine.”

We ate in silence for a few minutes. It tastes good, perfect for my mood, but I decide to pour more syrup on it.

I took a sip of tea, decided that it wasn’t sweet enough, and grabbed the sugar.

"Having a think for sweets this morning, aren’t we?” Mason chuckled.

I glared at him a little, but put the spoonful in anyway. “I’m always in the mood for sweets when I’m starving.”

He smirked as I stirred my tea and I rolled my eyes.

When I went to lick the spoon, however, I saw something on it.

Words.

My eyes widened.

“Something wrong?” Mason’s voice was soft, gentle.

I looked up at him.

On the table, in between the glasses of tea, replacing the plate of bacon, was a ring.

BAM! What do you think about that? Hell yeah.
Moment of truth: I've been a little down, so I needed something cheesy and a little cute, so WALA. A cute proposal. I was planning on having him propose to her within the next couple of chapters anyway and this seemed right. Hope you all like it~

Happy reading~(:

P.S. A lot of you keep asking, "Are you going to make Deserae pregnant?" and the answer is a huge nope. No offence to anyone who likes those type of stories, but I don't. Like, at all, so don't count on anything like that ever.
Sorry, my cupcakes~