+ five

Harry sat on the stairs, eyes on Louis as the man ran around the living room picking up toys and strewn about clothes on the couch and floor. A crying and bundled up Niall sat on his hip and Zayn was seated next to Harry, his chin in his tiny hands.

"I'm sorry that we're leaving you once again. I bet it's gonna get really boring just being about here by yourself and I'm sorry. It's just that we have jobs and--"

"No need to explain, I understand" Harry said, wiping his sweaty palms against his clean yet ratty jeans. He was so happy that his clothes were clean for once. He literally jumped in the pile of clothes after they came out the dryer, shoving his nose in to smell the fresh, flowery detergent.

"At least I get off a little earlier than usual today. There's gonna be a lot of business people in Chicago today for some big meeting so..." he trailed off but continued to another thought. "I know what we can do. I can take you shopping."

The teen's eyes widened. "Oh n-no. There's no need for that. All my clothes are clean, it's fine."

Louis glanced at the green shirt he was wearing that carried numerous holes then to his jeans that had uneven cuffs and possessed rips. "That is far from fine, mister. Come on, let me take you. You need new clothes. You can't have holes and rips."

"N-no. I don't wanna--you don't have to. I'm already in your space enough a-and...no."

Louis stopped what he was doing to look at him. Niall continued on with his whining but Louis simply bounced him some and placed his pacifier in his mouth, which immediately made him stop. The man approached Harry with a serious look on his face, looking deeply into his eyes.

"Harry, you are not a burden to me and my family. We enjoy having you here. You're not doing anything wrong. Now, just take a few deep breaths. I can sense you're getting all riled up and for no reason."

"I-I-" Harry sighed longingly, looking to the ceiling and back to a pair of blue eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing, love? I told you you've done no harm."

Harry blushed at the name he was called, swallowing thickly. "I don't want you to spend money on me. You already have to cook for me. I'm already taking over your bedroom..."

"And that's something that I don't mind. I just wanna help you, Harry. All I ask in return is that you let me" Louis said, placing a hand on his shoulder where he rubbed.

Harry glanced at his hand then at his shoes. "Okay, I'm so--"

Louis made a loud buzzer noise making Harry jump. He chuckled. "Stop that. Sorry is for people who did something. Every time you say sorry I'm gonna do that. I can get quite annoying, you'll learn that soon if you haven't already, and you'll get sick of me real quick, which will make you stop. I used to do it to Liam all the time whenever he'd say moist."

"Why moi--"

Louis did it again except louder that time. Zayn covered his ears, whining. "Don't say it."

"But you just said it..." Harry murmured, confused.

"I only said it so you know what word I meant. I can't just say the m-word then you would've filed through every m-word, like murder or magic or something, and I would've gotten irritated and would've just told you so I just cut to the chase. Now, don't say it again. We have a rule in this house that if you say it you get a timeout. Just ask Zayn."

Zayn nodded with a pout on his lips. "He's not lying unfortunecookie."

"It's unfortunately, buddy and dang right I'm not."