Prologue

Here is the prologue! I really hope you guys enjoy it :)

***

                       "I love you Arabella. I won't be gone long," my mother said in a hushed voice.

                I looked up into her pool blue eyes, which resembled mine, and tugged on her arm signaling for her to give me a hug before she goes.

                "Oh yes sweetheart," she bent down and gripped me into a tight hug. It felt like I was an orange being squeezed for all the juice to come out. It was like this was a hug goodbye.

                 Footsteps came from outside my bedroom door until the owner of them stepped into view. It was my father, Emery Chestscott. His almond colored hair was cut into a buzz cut, and black reading glasses were arched upon his nose covering his deep ocean colored eyes. He was wearing his favorite suit, the casual looking one all business men wear.

                "It is time to go my love," he said to my mother.

                "I know. I love you so much Arabella. I'll be home in just a week so don't worry," she gave me one last squeeze and a sweet kiss to the forehead making my head warm in the spot when her light pink colored lips left.

                "Love you too mommy," and with that she walked slowly out of the room with her usual elegance and hooked arms with my father once at the doorway. He turned his head toward me.

                 "I will just be taking your mother to the airport. Akila will watch you. Love you my darling Arabella," he left with my mother, my eyes dug into their bags until I saw them no more. A knock came to my pink door waking me up to the world. It was Akila.

                "If you need anything just ring," she scurried off quickly before letting me reply.

                I sunk back into my cushioned bed and buried my face into my squishy blue pillow, then covering myself with my blue butterfly sheets. Before I slept into a deep slumber I clapped twice turning off the lights, then soon after I fell into a deep sleep unknown of what the future holds.

***

                "Arabella, Arabella! Wake up," someone was ferociously shaking me and yelled my name louder than possible. My eyes flew open only to come face to face with Akila.

                "What...," I mumbled, still half asleep.

                "It's your parents! There has been a horrible accident," as soon as I heard that I jumped up in shock. What happened?

                “What---," before I could finish she gripped onto my arm tightly and tugged me away into the elevator angrily pushing the down arrow button until the elevator finally arrived on our floor.

                Twenty minutes later and we were at the hospital rushing quickly inside. The first thing I spotted was my father sitting in the waiting room with his head cupped into his hands. I ripped my hand from Akila's grip and ran to my father.

                "Father... what has happened," I asked quietly. No response.

                I sat in the seat next to him; Akila did the same to me. It seemed like we were sitting there for hours in silence other than the yelling nurses and doctors who ran across the room occasionally. Finally silence broke.

                "Mr. Chestscott," a doctor now stood in front of us, all of our heads directed toward him. Why was there a troubled look on his face?

                "Due to your wife's severe injuries we...," he stuttered a little bit before continuing," were not able to revive her.  The truck hit the side of the car she was on creating multiple issues. Your wife passed away a few minutes ago," my father shot straight up and pinned the doctor against the boring white hospital wall while I at the moment was still processing this.

                My mother has died. The only one I could always trust and rely on. Yeah my father was here but... he is nothing like mother. No tears came though because I know she is in a better place now and will always be in my heart, pretty wise for a three year old, huh? People expect three year olds to act immature but no... I was just wise. I know though... that the tears will come when the time is right. The time where I need her but can't have her.

                I looked up at my father who was at the moment screaming at the doctor things like," Your lying!!! Don't joke about things like this!". Tears were slowly dripping down his face making me sad inside. I stood up and walked over to my thrashing father and grabbed his arm with my tiny hand. He looked up to see who the intruder was and anger washed over his face. He slung his arm up making crumble to the floor. I suppose he needs time to adjust.

***

                Today everyone who worked for us was off duty. My father will be hungry. Deciding to do something nice I got out of bed and went down to the massive kitchen. Uh... slight problem. I only know how to make cereal. I guess that could work...

                I went over to our pantry and pulled open one of the long skinny doors. Every cereal you could imagine was in there. I decided on fruity pebbles. They always lighten up the mood with their many colors.... I think. I grabbed a tray placing a juice box, the cereal in a bowl, a spoon, and milk on it; then went off slowly to my father’s room.

                He was awake and sitting up in his bed moaning something to himself. I walked inside the room and quietly walked over until I was in front of him.

                "Father I have made you breakfast," I said proudly. He looked up at me in disgust. Did I do something wrong? Does he not like cereal?

                "I hate you," was all he yelled before disaster struck.  

                He smacked the tray onto the ground causing all of the items to spill out on the floor. He shot up from the bed and grip onto my arm pushing me to the floor. What was he doing? Next thing I know he is bringing his leg out and bringing it against my small stomach making me gag in response. He repeated the process making me cry out in pain on the fifth time.

                "You disgust me," he snapped before walking away.

               I gripped onto my stomach and tears that I saved in my eyes were finally pouring out. I've never felt so much pain. And I don't even have an idea on why he did this to me. Did I do something wrong? Does he randomly hate me? How could he? He's all I got now. One last tear passed its way down my cheek until I was unconscious.

***

Well that went downhill! Poor Arabella :( All she wanted to do was cheer up her father and in return she received something she doesn't understand, her own father going against her. 

What did you think? 

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed it!