PART 1

(Pic is my OC Cora)

“Come on [Name]! Move faster!” Raimundo shouted as the two of you trained. It was your turn to spar with the air warrior, you being the new comer. You huffed and grunted, trying to land a blow, but couldn’t get one in. He was too fast for you. You blocked him as much as you could, but he got the better of you, easily tripping you and making you fall backwards. 

“Match!” Raimundo smirked, walking away to the rest of the group as they cheered for him. You got up on your own and brushed yourself off. You had recently joined the xiaolin warriors after Master Fung had recruited you, and were given the element of lightning, to be quick and powerful, but you weren’t. Everyone could beat you in a spar, even Dojo! It was hard because they hadn’t even really gotten to know you yet. Just thinking that you were weak. 

You walked away from the rest of the xiaolin warriors. Not that they noticed. You left to go and finish your chores, nothing else for you do that day. It wasn’t like you could really hang out with the others. 

You pulled your (h/c) hair into a high ponytail and started one of your chores, to scrub the kitchen floor. You couldn’t see why the others didn’t like doing their chores, not only did it help with discipline, but it was also fun! It was the only thing you liked in this place. 

You finished cleaning the kitchen just in time to start dinner. Tonight was going to be a stir fry with rice, and mooncakes for dessert. However, you cooked one less portion than needed. You didn’t plan on eating. 

You set the table and placed the food on it. You then rang the supper bell and called everyone in before exiting out the kitchen. Jogging away from the temple, you started to train on your own. You wanted to get stronger as fast as you could, and nothing could get in your way. Dinner was just a pointless meal anyways. 

You climbed cliff faces, hopped through tree branches, and did tai chi under the waterfall. Darkness had long fell, but the moon was nearly full, so you could see fine. You trained until sunlight started to peek over the mountains. That’s when you decided to stop and sleep, taking a quick shower before crawling into bed. 

After only two hours of sleep, you got up before anyone else and started breakfast. Not even Master Fung was awake. You decided on a simple eggs and bacon breakfast with fresh fruit. As you were setting the table, Master Fung rang the breakfast bell, and woke up the others. 

Everyone walked in, some more tired than others. You had sat down and awaited their arrival patiently, giving them each a morning greeting, at least trying to be friendly. Omi sat next to you and smirked. 

“Today you shall be sparring with me, [Name]. Prepare to be humiliated as you were yesterday.” Omi said as he dug in. You bite of bacon yourself, trying not to let your hurt show. 

“Humiliation teaches us to not let pride get in to way of victory Omi.” you stated simply as you finished your breakfast and excused yourself to do some last minute training. Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko, and Clay soon approached you, and you and Omi took your stanced. 

The battle didn’t last long. 

You skidded across the ground, coughing as the dust entered your lungs. The others clapped as they congratulated Omi on his win. Omi turned to you as you were just getting up off the ground. 

“It appears that pride does allow victory. Perhaps you need more training?” Omi said cockily. Everyone nodded and walked away. 

“Why did Master Fung even allow her to join? She hasn’t won a spar since she arrived.” You heard Kimiko ask the others. They all agreed. 

“It’s not like she ever does anything around here anyways. She always disappears and only shows up when there’s food.” Raimundo added. 

You were about to turn away and do your chores when Dojo came flying in. 

“Guys! We’ve got a shen gong wu! Hop on!” he said as he turned big. Everyone climbed on and Dojo flew away. 

“So what’s the shen gong wu Dojo?” Clay asked the dragon. 

“It’s the golden headband. It allows the wielder to have know everything about his opponent's past. Useful if you want to dig up some dirt on someone.” he said. You all flew the rest of the way there, finding yourselves in the african savannah.  Dojo landed and shrunk, finding a place on Clay’s shoulder. You all looked around and you spotted a tree with something shimmering in gold. 

“Over there!” you shouted and started running over to it. 

“Finally, she does something useful.” you heard Raimundo mutter as they followed you. You were about to reach it when there was a evil laugh the rang through the air. You pushed yourself to run faster, and your hand landed on the wu at the same time Jack’s did. 

“Jack Spicer, I challenge you to a xiaolin showdown. I wager my shadow slicer.” you said. 

“I wager my monkey staff. Let’s start loser.”

“The game is tree climbing. Xiaolin Showdown!” you both yelled as the scenery around you changed. 

The tree you were in grew to about a mile high, with you and Jack at the bottom. You gave each other a look before you started bounding up the tree, hopping from branch to branch. 

“Monkey staff!” Jack shouted and used his monkey staff to make himself more agile. He made his way up to you and was slightly ahead of you. His shadow appeared on the branch next to yours, so you brought out you wu. 

“Shadow slicer!” you yelled and moved Jack’s shadow so he hit a thick branch hard, faltering in his ascent. You smirked and kept hopping up as fast as you could. 

“Don’t mess this up [Name]!”

“Try not to make a total fool of yourself and lose to Spicer!” your team called up to you. It hurt, and you faltered for a second, but let the fire of determination fuel you to go faster. You were neck and neck with Jack now, you so very close to reaching the top. 

“Shadow slicer!” you yelled again and threw Jack off balance, giving that final push to reach the golden headband. You were almost there when Jacks monkey tail wrapped around your ankle and pulled you back. You started to fall down and down, watching Jack grab the golden headband. 

He laughed in triumph as everything turned back to normal. “I win losers!”
............................................
Textcopyright©NYX_EISENWALD™2017