Chapter Sixteen : Pearls

After school, Ana made her way towards the exit. She had been late. Feather would probably be waiting there for her. Hurrying over, she almost didn't notice Andrew sneaking up on her.

"Whoa, slow there lady," he remarked as he made his way towards her.

"Not now, Andrew, I am in a rush right now," she replied.

"But you are always in a rush, Anastasia."

"You have known me just for one day, Mr. Andrew Miles. What do you know about when I am in a rush and when I am not?" And with that, she continued on her way to Feather's mini-Toyota.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry for acting like a know-it-all. I shouldn't have said that. But you still gotta admit, you are always in a rush."

"Yes well because unlike you, I actually have somewhere to be. So can I leave already?" Without waiting for an answer, she spun on her heels and left.

Somewhere from behind her, she could hear the word, "feisty" ringing in Andrew's voice but she chose to ignore it as she finally reached the mini-Toyota and Ana made her way inside.

"I'm so sorry, F. I got stuck. Let's just hurry already, alright?"

"Quick," she replied as she got in the vehicle along with her friend and the two made their way to Cinderella Cleaners.

One would have thought that being a sixteen year old would be easy. That things would come easy to someone this old. But what do those people remember about the raging hormones, about the highly complex over thinking mind, about everything -- everything sixteen?

It is difficult talking to Andrew already, what with his hot looks and her determination to try and ignore them, why did he have to have that need to follow her around uncontrollably? What actually did he want? Somehow, despite of his amazing looks and perhaps, especially because of those looks and his style, the guy sounded like bad news to Ana. She hated saying this since it had been nothing more than a day that she had seen him but somehow, this seemed to be a lot true.

"What is it?" Feather asked as she started driving towards the dry cleaners.

"Nothing," Ana replied truthfully. Because even though she was thinking about the new boy in school, she knew that he meant nothing to her and her friends.

"Sure, whatever you say," Feather shrugged and the rest of the ride passed in silence.

"Thanks," Ana said as soon as the two reached the Cinderella Cleaners and they made their way towards the entry and Ana got out of the vehicle.

"It's okay, no problem," Feather replied curtly and drove away.

Something's wrong, Ana realized as she made her way inside but before she could dwell more onto this, she heard Adam's voice coming from inside.

"Ana dear, were you not informed?" He asked as he made his way towards where she was standing near the gate.

"Informed what, Adam?" She questioned back, all confused.

"That you have been given a day off," he replied with a smile.

"I have been given what?" The disbelief on her face was pretty evident and why shouldn't it be? In the past three years that Emma became the dictator of her life, she had never been given a day off. How was this even possible?

"Yes Anastasia, you have been given a day off," Emma said while coming from the back room. Was she hiding there all along? Oh no, she saw Adam behave nicely to her and saw her behaving like a friend to Adam. Oh no! Ana realized a moment later, with a prick of her heart.