| chapter - 28 |

[ E L I A S  ]

I was not the King, I was not a magician, I was not a ruler in that moment.

I was just the man in love.

And I just saw my love die in front of me. I killed her not literally but it was my fault, my sword and she died for me.

I have never felt this much pain before as I gasped with the excruciating ache running through my body. My chest was about to explode, my body refusing to co-operate as the energy left my legs and I stumble down. Her eyes closed, life left his body and devastation crashed over me.

I was angry, pained, lost and disappointed. I refused to listened to the cries of people around, I refused to let them control me as I came forward gathering all strength and came closer to the poll. I untied her and her limp lifeless body fell into my arms. 

And I cried like I have never cried before. My body trembled with shivers that ran through as I let all my feelings come out in form of furious tears. My head was buried in her neck and I held her closer, she can't leave, she will not leave.

I will make sure of this. 

I rose up from the ground and noticed the eerie silence even with the crowd around. Norman was next to me and he whispered, "Don't waste her sacrifice and do something impulsive brother."

I growled in anger as he reminded me of her death and the reason for it.

But I loved the woman and I will not act like I didn't even for my sake. Her face was still covered in a mask and I suddenly had an idea.

"Call Agnes and Mel, whoever is on our side," I muttered instructions to Norman who nodded without question.

Without addressing the crowd I was about to leave when the ground resonated with a shout,"Long Live the King."

They meant me, she made sure I was trustworthy again and she made me a king to be loved.

I sighed and offered them a weak smile just to repay Alisha and walked away with a resolve to do what she intended me to do.

***

"Elias, you are not paying attention, " Mel shouted to my face and earned an icy glare from me.

Alisha's body was lying right in front of me and her pale face was unsettling. My tears refused to stop and I never thought I could cry this much. The hollow in my chest was an aching gap that refused to make me breathe comfortably.

"I feel terrible right now." The words tumble out of my mouth.

"And that is why we need to make you better." Mel offered.

"No, ruling over magic or people might be my goal but I want her back or you do know I could kill myself." I threatened Hecate.

"Not a big help Elias, you have generations of doppelgangers." She said but my threat scared her.

"I want her back," I yelled out my decision kind of scaring the ones present.

"This is a big loss Elias, she died for you so that you can have a better future, not so that you could whine like a baby." Mel scolded me.

"You will find love again," Agnes added.

And the words made me furious. Alisha said the same thing and it reminded me of how she just ended up saving me too many times to even count. She started as my bodyguard and she served her post well. I would rather die without her, that is how my heart constricted in pain felt right now.