| chapter - 24 |

The heavy fragrance was making me nauseous but I kept my head .... and heart in place. Elias was concentrating on a dusty brown scroll, his eyebrows scrunched together.

I would not say it out loud and make a fool of myself but he looked cute, really cute.

Feeling the familiar uneasiness creep up my nose, I sneezed too loud and looked up to apologise but Elias was too focused on the scroll. We were in the secret hideout cave which Elias showed me earlier. It was filled with different kind of books, scrolls, brewing potions and a lot of other sparkly stuff I had no clue about.

Norman one was assigned next to his father to play the dutiful son while Norman two was handling the rumours in town since his word could sooth the people as he was the younger Prince. The Queen was on hold since we didn't want to attack the King until we were ready so for past seven days we have been coming to this cave and let Elias practice magic.

He did come to realise that his mother had no magic and was angry at Agnes until I told him how she kept him alive and brought me to him. Even though this made him less angry, he was still not ready to take lessons from Agnes herself and therefore the process of learning magic was going slow.

"If you have to marry right now, which Princess will you choose," I asked.

You see what i did there, I was awfully worried as to how a King should grow. What if marrying me did him no good and his kingdom will not expand?

His head raised up quickly looking at me with a confused frown.

"Are you not well Alisha?" He asked walking towards me giving a rest to the books.

I giggled unlike myself and sneezed again.

"Walk away from that potion first." He said with an amused look on his face.

"I will walk away from here but tell me first, what if me loving you damages history somehow." I was pouring out my worries to him.

"Oh Lord, you inhaled the truth smog." He mumbled to himself.

"Are you insane? Give this to the King and see him speaking all the truth." I giggled again feeling lighter for some reason.

"Magic comes with boundaries Alisha." He said and I sighed.

"I love when you call me Alisha," I whispered to him like this was a secret.

His eyes widened at my words, "What? Don't look so shocked. I am in madly in love with you, madly being the key point since I willingly time travelled."

He cupped my cheeks and kissed me softly on the lips. I sighed again feeling amazing in that moment.

"What if marrying a princess will be better for you?" Again, the fear spoke out.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead, "I will marry no one but you."

"Did you just propose to me Highness?" I grinned at his words though my eyes watered at the same time.

He kissed my eyes softly and said, "I am not allowing you to say a no."

"Why do you even love me?" I blurted out.

"Is that even a question?"

"You have rich and gorgeous princess around you."

"And you are my bodyguard." He stated as if this was supposed to mean something.

I chuckled.

"Yes, I am your bodyguard who fights, have scars, disrespectful and impulsive. How did I make the cut your highness? Why did you not hate me for lying to you?" I asked whatever there was in my head.