23. I'm practically the sibling of a celebrity

My parents couldn't have picked a better day to unground me. You see... it was Friday. I could get so much out of it right away! There was no returning home early afterwards!

I could even be all nice and good and invite Dylan and Floyd over, instead of immediately leaving home again. Yes, that was a great idea! As long as Dylan and Floyd weren't counting on any... sexy time. My house was the most inconvenient of all, because both my parents and sister slept only a wall away. I could say I didn't want to disturb them with the sounds, but really, I was just too embarrassed for anyone to hear it. Also, I had a small bed.

Dylan's house was absolutely perfect, because his Dad was barely home, and if he was, his room was on a different floor than Dylan's.

Floyd's house was... debatable.

"Hey, guys, I have a fantastic idea," I whispered to them during lunch break. "Why don't you two come over after school?"

"But your parents—" Dylan started.

"They ungrounded me!"

"Yes!" Floyd squealed, before slapping his hand over his mouth, staring at everyone that looked over in surprise. He laughed and murmured, "Sorry... don't mind me."

Dylan laughed and then Floyd turned his head again to whisper, "But tomorrow we're going over to Dylan."

"Why?" Dylan asked.

"Because then we can have sex," he said with an eye roll, like it was the most obvious thing ever. Which, to him, it probably was.

I, however, choked on my water.

"Floyd, please save the naughty talk for after school," Olivia said with a giggle, which caused our friends—who hadn't heard Floyd's discreet whisper—to look at him, with rather shocked face. I didn't blame them. I had thought Floyd was an innocent, pure, little angel before too.

"Shut up, Olivia," Dylan said.

She held her hands up in surrender. "Sorry—not sorry."

"I will save it," Floyd promised.

"Good boy," Olivia praised, patting the wild curls on his head. "No one here wants to hear it. I might, for inspiration. You know, I've never—"

"Once again, Olivia," Dylan said, "why don't you just shut up?"

"That is such a great idea," I agreed.

She pursed her lips in disagreeance, but she seemed to decide to be nice and shut up, which was a lot more comfortable for all the parties involved. Some people might be fine with discussing their sex life with other people, but I definitely wasn't. Neither were Rafael, Alissa, Ruby or Riley. It wasn't exactly a subject that came up often in conversation.

But Olivia was forgiven when she asked Ruby about a project she was working on, which was a much more comfortable subject to listen to.

"Dad, I'm home!"

"Huh, why?" he called back, sounding confused.

"I brought Floyd and Dylan," I said, stepping through the door to the living room to see him sitting on the couch with his laptop.

"Oh, that explains it. Are they staying for dinner?"

"Are you?"

"Sure," said Dylan.

Floyd nodded and walked past me to take a seat beside my dad. "Yes, Mr. Kurt, we'd much appreciate that." Why he called my father like that had always been and would forever be a mystery and Dylan looked just as confused as the first time I'd heard it. "And can I personally thank you for ungrounding Hugo? It is also greatly appreciated."