Scene 40 The Shadowkeeper Watches

Sc. 40 INT - SHADOWKEEPER'S CAVERN - DAY

An image of Brigid running through the forest floats on the lake.

A fog forms over the surface of the water, obscuring the image. The fog quickly insinuates itself into the form of the Shadowkeeper then coils itself around the lake. The Shadowkeeper examines the image on the surface.

SHADOWKEEPER: Bradan!

The image disappears instantly and the SALMON wriggles to the surface.

SHADOWKEEPER: Why are you still watching that child?

BRADAN: She is...entertaining.

SHADOWKEEPER: Your duty is to watch the gateways - not entertain yourself.

BRADAN: She has spoken with the Lord of the Hunt.

SHADOWKEEPER: She could not have killed the Stag.

BRADAN: She did. She now seeks the Callie Oiche.

The Shadowkeeper flashes with anger.

SHADOWKEEPER: Show me.

The Salmon sinks again and Brigid re-appears on the surface, following the Raven deeper into the forest.

SHADOWKEEPER: I see your plan, you meddling crow.

The Salmon surfaces. The image disappears.

BRADAN: What are you going to do?

SHADOWKEEPER: That berry will be looking ripe to her soon enough, all she will need is a little push. Watch her.

The Shadowkeeper oozes over the lake's surface and dissolves into the water again. The Salmon sinks and Brigid's image ripples across the surface again.