Love Grows

John's POV

Sherlock had gotten much better about self-care after we'd talked about it. I sometimes did have to talk him into eating or coax him into coming to bed through promises of affection and touch, but it was better.

There hadn't been a lot of new information since the original learning of the stalking. All leads led to a dead end, witnesses couldn't agree on details. The stalker had been seen a couple times a week, but simply disappeared seconds later without a trace.

Sherlock was incredibly frustrated and stressed by it, just another reason why today, Valentine's Day, was needed. He severely needed a break from it all, and be quite honest, so did I. Last year, Sherlock had been the one to plan this day, but seeing the physical and mental state he was in, I wanted to make this day special and catered towards him. He needed it, and I loved to see his reactions to romantic gestures.

I woke him up gently, feeling his smile on my lips. "Happy Valentine's Day, my love." He smiled happily, humming. "Happy Valentine's Day, darling." I kissed him again, enjoying the sensation of slow carefree love that we'd not had the time to truly show each other in a while.

"I've planned the whole day out for us. I've packed a picnic for us for later, and we're going to the theater tonight. Live theater is always romantic, especially the Tempest production that's going on."

He smiled and brought me back down to him. His shirt was off, as it usually was when he slept, but no other clothing was removed, never going further. Nothing further was needed, just the touch and caress of each other. His legs were locked around my waist, hands stroking my face. I couldn't stop kissing him, touching him, loving him.

We hadn't been able to do this in a while, too caught up in the case to let ourselves go, and rediscover each other in the hours of the morning. Even when our lips parted, we stayed pressed together, not wanting to let each other go.

"I love you," he whispered and buried his head in my shoulder. I chuckled, placing another kiss in his hair. "I'm glad we have today for ourselves. I love you too." He pulled the blankets up over us more and grinned. It was the happiest I'd seen him since the news of Alice and Olivia's stalker had arisen.

"I know. We've been working so much lately, but now," he leaned in and placed his lips against mine. We kissed slowly for a minute before he pulled away to finish what he was saying. "Now, we get some time to be a normal newlywed couple." We both chuckled quietly at the idea of being 'normal' newlyweds.

His hand ran up and down my arm, and he laid back with his other arm behind his head. "Alright, well, we should probably get up soon. The picnic won't make itself, and Thames Barrier Park isn't exactly close by."

We finally got out of bed, never completely letting go of each other, giggling and talking while we made the picnic. Once it was made, Sherlock began to unstick himself from me. I pulled him back by his wrist, kissing him heatedly.

He pulled away, his deep laugh rumbling. "Let me go get changed! You're already dressed, it's not fair!" I finally conceded, smiling still. He left the room with a small shake of his head, light, and humor filling his eyes. I sighed happily and sat in in my chair while I waited.

His phone, which he'd left on the table, buzzed. I grabbed it, scanning the text he'd gotten. It was from Alice, to my surprise.

It read; 'Olivia and I took your advice, we're having an indoor day together today, but we are going out later. Love you always.'

"What did she say in reply?" Sherlock asked, back in the room. I glanced up at him and gave a small smile. I told him and rose from the seat, walking to him. I handed him his phone and held grabbed our coats. He picked up the basket and we walked out the door.