I Do

John's POV

I awoke to Harry's singing, a sound I hadn't heard in years. She was loudly singing 'Here Comes the Bride' whilst throwing open the curtains. The dim light of London morning filtered through, despite the fact that dawn had barely broken. It was six in the morning, the wedding to start in only five hours. We'd chosen to have a morning wedding, Sherlock had fussed that it would be easiest to get to our honeymoon.

Five hours, I was getting married to the love of my life in five hours. I chuckled as Clara pranced in, twirling. The two proceeded to dance around the room, singing and laughing. Harry finally pulled me out of bed, still giggling. "Come on, sleepyhead! It's wedding time!"

They left me to shower, still laughing. Every moment felt surreal as I began to get ready. I wasn't to change into the suit until later, so I just put on a normal outfit for now. I found that Clara and Harry had already made breakfast, discussing different sights they were going to go see while they stayed here. The two of them were staying for a few weeks as Sherlock and I were on our honeymoon. I suggested a few of Sherlock and I's favorites, along with our favorite restaurants.

"There's an Italian restaurant, pretty good too, where Sherlock and I go on a lot of date nights. It's run by a man named Angelo, who's a friend of ours. Actually, you'll  meet him today at the wedding, but I'm sure he'll give you a discount if you tell him who you are."

"That sounds great, actually. I think we'll have to do that. We're here until December 6th, so that gives us plenty of time to do that." I showed Clara where we kept everything for tea before Harry jumped in.

"The drive to the Victorian church is considerably long, two hours, so we should probably get going." I nodded and grabbed the few items I needed to take with me. Every second was ticking down towards the wedding, closer and closer to the ceremony. I could barely contain my excited anticipation as we made a last sweep of the flat before finally leaving.

I spent the entire cab ride twiddling my thumbs, excited for the next several hours to come. For the lifetime to come. The anticipation was almost too great to bear, but it would be worth it, it would all be worth it. Everything that we'd been through, it would all be worth it. Just to marry him, and spend the rest of our lives together.

The church was already set up when we arrived, ready for the ceremony. I caught sight of Greg talking to the photographer, so I knew Sherlock was already tucked away somewhere in another room. I understood the longstanding tradition of the couple not seeing each other before the wedding, but I still longed to see him. Harry and Clara ushered me past, into my own dressing room.

They both flitted over me, fussing over my hair, and other details after I'd changed into the suit. They finally pinned the yellow flower onto my suit, the last detail in place. It was only when they'd deemed my appearance good that I was allowed to see myself in the mirror. Harry squeezed my shoulder, her gaze meeting mine in the mirror. "You look handsome, John." Her eyes shone with tears, the same way mine had at her wedding. "Thank you," I managed, my voice cracking.

I glanced back at my reflection. The suit was a deep black, with a light gray waistcoat and a blue bow tie. The lady who had sold it had mentioned that the waistcoat brought out my eyes. I didn't know about that, but I did know that I liked it. Clara had already combed and styled my hair into a more elegant style than usual. (Season 4 John hair, the only good to come from that season.)

A knock sounded at the door. "It's time," Greg's voice wafted through and I felt my throat tighten. Not fear, or any sort of upset. Joy. Pure, unyielding joy. I was getting married to the love of my life in just minutes. I nodded once before walking out, Harry and Clara following close behind. The actual ceremony was taking place in the cathedral, and the reception was to take place in the ballroom. I took my place at the front of the room, onto the platform with the priest.