Chapter 57- The Professor

Immediately after class Harry balled the paper in his hand and punched the wall. He didn't know what hurt most: his emotions or his knuckles. He fell back and slid against the stone he just hit, the entire corridor was empty except for Ron and Hermione who just walked out of the potions class room and hadn't seen him yet.

Harry's face was emotionless but his eyes were glassy and just stared at the opposite wall. He didn't turn his head when the two approached him.

"My entire life is falling apart at the seams. And there is absolutely nothing I can do about it."

"What's wrong, mate?"

"I keep being there for him, but he just won't let me and I don't know what to do."

"Harry, what happened," Hermione said crouching next to him.

"I just try to help him and it only makes things worse," he said staring at the ceiling to keep his tears to fall. "He hates me."

"Harry, maybe you should back off a bit. Maybe he just feels suffocated."

"She's right, mate, you are crowding him, it's only the first day back."

"Yeah but-"

"Think of it as if you are helping him and in the long run it will work out."

"I'm not sure about that anymore," Harry let a few drops falling from his eyes and sighed.

"It's too early to judge that, we should really get going," Hermione said helping him up. "Class is starting soon."

They made their way to the rest of their classes and Draco refused to even look at Harry throughout the rest of the day. It honestly just motivated him more and went directly to the library without food or precious sleep.

Hermione agreed to meet him after dinner before calling him crazy, but he didn't care.

Anything to save Draco.

It was another restless night, even if he tried to sleep in the library he couldn't, for his heart was too heavy. He toyed with Draco's necklace and held his pocket watch in his left hand.

1260

The clock stroke 3:30 and Hermione was already passed out. She had napped during dinner and Harry made a mental note to thank her graciously when this was all over- if this was all over. He placed his invisibility cloak on the desk next to her and went to the common room uninterrupted.

He slowly climbed up the stairs and looked for door, which had their names on it and the 3rd door to the right said "Potter, Weasley," with golden letters.

Harry couldn't help but glance over his shoulder to speculate the rest of the hallway until he found "Malfoy, Zambini," written in silver. It was one door down from his across the hall, one could say they were diagonal to each other.

He placed his head against his own door while his hand touched the knob, trying to push away the memories surfacing. God damn, he missed him so much.

Harry entered and went to his trunk quietly despite Ron's snores. He found the little book he'd been looking for, which was on top, and slipped out one of the 5 photos- the one of them kissing. Casting a small lumos from his wand (which Hermione found and fixed) he turned to the last page and fell heavily on his bed, not even knowing what emotion to feel.
---

I'm so sorry.

Please help me.

I know you'll Always be there for me. You know where to find me.

Love always,
Draco

---

Harry sat back and hot tears dripped from his face and he tried to choke back the sounds escaping his throat in hope to not wake up Ron. Instead he closed his curtains and cast a silencing charm, before absolutely bawling.
---------------------