Chapter 4!

Hola people's of the world! :D The moment of suspense is finally over... it's here, it truly is... CHAPTER 4 BRO!! :D whooo! and I really don't know what to say on this authors note... so.. yea. enjoy the chapter! :D and vote! remember, votes are like cookies, and I want cookies ;) but thanks for reading, and once again enjoy! :D

Oh, I was thinking of maybe trying to go for the Watty Awards? yay? nay? let me know (:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXILE: Chapter 4:

Silence. That's what I heard. Complete and utter silence. It was the loudest silence I had ever heard. The small shuffling sound of armor rubbing broke the cloud of noiselessness. The small noise seemed to break a spell of sorts. Everyone started running hastily around. Swords and bows were sent back on their corresponding racks. General Faetril was balanced on the fence of the sparring ring yelling out orders to the soldiers who were hustling by.

 A shove from behind me had be stumbling down the hill. Zina was sent sprawling in a separate direction. Her bobbing head was quickly lost in the crowds as we got pushed away from each other. A loose rock had me flying towards the ground. Grass and dirt rushed towards my face with a dizzying speed. I thrust my hands out in front of me to cushion the fall. The sudden impact cursed through my wrists up to my shoulders, jarring my head. My breath escaped my lips as I fought the fear of being trampled. Bodies swarmed around me. Feet stomped down on me. It took everything I had to resist the urge to roll into a ball. 

Firmly, a hand shot out of the thorn of people and gripped my right shoulder. Gruff fingers held tightly onto me and yanked me to my feet. I swung around to find myself staring directly into the chest armor of a husky soldier. I swept my eyes up to his face and his hardened eyes.

"Are you capable of helping?" he roughly questioned me, nodding towards a group of people trying to carry one of the racks of weapons. 

"Uh, yea." I replied hesitantly. He nodded sharply, and pushed me on my way. I felt his eyes boring into the back of my skull, so I scampered towards the soldiers. I pushed and swerved around the other soldiers, desperately trying to get to rack of weapons.

They had managed to transfer all the weapons onto one side of the rack. Currently, they were in the process of flipping the rack onto it's side. I jogged over to them and held onto the nearest edge I could reach. Together, we were able to ease the bracket on it's side so the weapons side was facing the sky. Two wooden posts were slid underneath to make transporting it simpler. I bent down and grabbed the two posts at the back. I glanced  at the other man helping me, and on a mutual consent we heaved the supporting beams onto our shoulders. We each had one post on each shoulder and we were balancing the bracket between us. I grunted under the strain and the weight. The beams creaked, but held strong.

The other soldier started forward. I let him guide me. Two others followed beside to help keep the rack balanced, and to make sure we would make it through the halls without incident. Where we were headed, I had no idea. I just continued to keep my head down and kept putting one foot in front of the other. The weight of the weapons was bearing down on me. Silently, I wished that we didn't have to go far.

Over the course of the travels through the winding corders, I managed to find out the soldier carrying the rack with me was named Orgo. The other two soldiers, who were brothers, were named Fër and Jay. While Orgo was a gruff man with thick, burly muscles protruding  from his arms, Fër and Jay were more scrawny and slender built.  They all seemed to have an air of respect about them. People would swerve around them without protest, which made for easy passage.