Chapter 6

Here's the next chapter sorry I wasn't able to post last week, and I'm also sorry I was late, I totally forgot! also make sure to check out my tumblr #thatnerdyduck

Rouge's POV
I snatched the flier out of Sting's hands. "What's the job anyways?" I said more to myself then Sting.

"I don't know I just grabbed it." Sting shrugged.

"You didn't even read it!" I exclaimed. "Yeah whatever just tell me what it says." Sting said peering around me at the flier.

I scanned it. "Something about a dark guild harassing a town." I said and then looked down at the location with hatred. "Sting the job is far away, we will have to take a train." I said. "Auhhhgh!" Sting groaned and kicked a rock.

"Stupid transportation." He grumbled and I shuddered thinking about how sick we would be on the train.

"Well the train station isn't very far we'd better get going." I said in a resigned tone. Sting followed after me, arms hung sadly besides him, I stuffed the flier in my pocket.

"So what's the plan?" Sting asked. "Get to the town, rent a room, then beat up the dark guild." I said. "Sounds good." Sting nodded.

"What's up with you wanting to take a job so suddenly?" I asked. "Your usually, stuck doing paperwork."

Sting pointed a finger at me. "Paper work is evil." He said.

"I needed fresh air, it's nice to be outside for once." Sting added with a yawn. "It is nice." I agreed and closed my eyes for a moment, just enjoying nature.

"Come on slow poke!" Sting yelled waving his arms around and spinning. "I can't have a moments peace with you can I!" I demanded. "Nope!" Sting replied cheerfully.

We arrived at the train station. Yay.

We got our tickets and approached the train both of us already looking pale. Well more pale then usual, I was so pale I looked like a freaking vampire.

We got onto the train and sat down across from each other. The train whistle blew and the train started to move.

"Here we go." Sting muttered and then hunched over his face green and I leaned back against the seat, staring at nothing, as nausea swelled in my stomach. I pressed my arms against my stomach in hopes of easing the pain.

I looked out the window hoping it would help, my stomach churned even more, nope not helping, not helping. I quickly looked away from the moving landscape.

I heard the rustling of crinkling leather. Sting had changed his position, laying down on his side, and hugging his knees to his chest.

He would look cute if not for the fact that I felt like I was about to puke.

The joys of being a dragon slayer.

Speaking of joys of being a dragon slayer there was still this whole mating season thing. Should I tell Sting?

The question echoed in my mind through out the whole train ride, occasionally being interrupted by the thoughts of puke. Mating and puking. Such things go together when your a dragon slayer.

Sting's POV
The train halted and we both stumbled off towards the freedom from our curse.

"Ugh." Rouge groaned, one hand over his stomach and his face was still a little green.

I stumbled over a crack in the tile and fell onto him. We fell over on top of the other, both of us groaning.

"Why did you have to do that!" Rouge snapped. "Wasn't my fault, god damned motion sickness." I groaned pulling myself up.

I held out a hand to help Rouge up. "I can get up myself," Rouge snapped but he took my hand.

I hauled him up and I put an arm around his waist holding him to me and Rouge did the same after a moments hesitation, we hobbled along helping the other walk out of the train station and towards the local inn.

My neausea started to fade and soon I was feeling back to normal but my arm stayed where it was, in case Rouge's motion sickness hadn't faded yet, of course.

Rouge's arm stayed as well. Maybe there was a hope for us after all.

What was I thinking? As much as I wanted it, Rouge probably wouldn't feel the same way, or maybe he did, but somehow I would probably mess it up.

We arrived at the inn, the big rusty sign hanging above the door.

Rouge retracted his arm and I forced myself to do the same no matter how much I wanted to cling to him, to keep him away from all the dangers, especially other people.

We walked into the inn and I found myself glaring at all the other people in the room.

Rouge quickly got us a room and we trudged up the stairs dead tired from our train ordeal. I collapsed into the soft warm bed, stuffing my head into a pillow.

"Your not taking a bath?" Rouge asked. "Nope." I said into my pillow. "Me neither." Rouge admitted and a chuckle vibrated from my chest, it almost sounded like a purr.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I regret to have to tell you that I have another camp which doesn't allow phones, so I'll probably skipping this coming Friday as well, but after that I'm done with camps and I'll update on time!