The Pick - Chapter Seven

~CHAPTER SEVEN~

Braydon and I managed to get some ice cream from Dairy Queen without having any run-ins with a "certain someone". Thank god. If I had to even catch a glimpse of him again I might die. 

I had noticed that the police car, ambulance, and fire truck have failed to return yet, and I can't help the curiousity get the best of me. 

"What do you think happened?" I asked Bray on our walk home. 

"I think some idiot caught something on fire on purpose then got hurt in the makings..." He spoke with a solemn look, which caused me to giggle. 

"No, no, no, you've got it wrong! Some buffoon decided to light himself on fire, thinking tin-foil would protect him, and we know that the fire truck for the fire, ambulance for the burns, and the police car? He's getting arrested for unattempted attempted suicide." I spoke with a completely straight face, and my voice a falsetto english accent. 

We were laughing so much we almost didn't notice the flashing lights and sirens. 

I looked up in time to see Dale in the back of the police car, staring at me, his eyes were pleading. He got his window rolled down soon enough to call out, "Come to the station!"

I looked at Braydon. 

"I'm standing outside that door the entire time. And I swear if he lays even a finger on you-" he ranted but I cut him off. 

"Yeah, yeah, you'll kick his sorry butt into the next century, I get it." I smiled cheekily and him while he glared at me. 

We walked to the station, which wasn't that far. Only another block back. I had a whole bunch of thoughts running through my mind, "Why was he in the back of that police car?", "Why does he want me to visit him?", "Why does he want me back?". The first and third were the most repeated questions but the second was also in there, 

"Earth to Olivia!" I heard someone shout, I stopped to see Bray laughing at me. "We're here..."

"I know that" I snapped, we walked into the Virginia Beach Police Department. I've been here multiple times because of my parents. Basically my dad. My mom would always lecture him when I had to come up here. And I didn't blame her one bit. 

I was led into a room where Dale was sitting at a table, one hand was hand-cuffed to the table itself. He didn't notice me so I sat down in the metal chair opposite him. He still didn't look up though I think he knew I was there. I was getting ready to clear my throat when he spoke. 

"I didn't think you'd actually come." His voice was hoarse and strained. He might be crying, but I couldn't tell. 

"I'm curious to see what you have to say to me." I stated simply. After all, it was that simple. 

"I love you Olivia. I hope you know that." He looked up at me. He wasn't crying - yet.

"Dale, I couldn't possibly every love you back after what you did to me. You were a careless, unruling, and unforgiving jerk. You're a monster. I always thought that I might be the one who'd be able to save you. God I was so stupid, because you can't be saved. You have your head so far up your butt that you have no idea what the heck you're even doing, or who you're making out with or whatever," He opened his mouth to pretest but I held up my hand, "I know all you wanna do is make things better between us, but that'll never happen. And honestly, what I think, is that if you stay in jail or prison for the rest of your life, you'd be doing to world a favor, keeping it away from such a monster. But I don't want that for you. And do you know why?" He shook his head, "Because I'm a god dang good person and I don't like to hold grudges, but you just can't be forgiven." I felt assurance with my statement and sat back in my seat.

He was quiet for a moment, "Olivia... It was only a small offense I have to do my two day time of community service and that's it. But Olivia... How could you say I'm a monster?"

"Because you are one!" I snapped, I've had it with this guy's crap, "You freaking stabbed my best friend's back! Literally! He almost died because of you! If you wanted me back you should've just talked to me, not pull a knife on someone!'

"If I didn't knife him would you have taken me back?"

I thought about this for a moment. I thought about him. And Miley. Him and Miley. Him. And me. Him and me. Would I take him back? I mean I wouldn't have had this grudge against him...

Instead of answering I just stood up. When I was at the door he called out, "That's what I thought."

He knew darn well what I would've said. 

No.

He was a jerk and you couldn't take that away. No one can because if there was a competition for being a king jerk, there'd be no one to compete with. He would automatically win. 

I still view him as a monster. A cheating, stabbing, back-stabbing, angry, aggressive, somehow somewhat caring monster. That's what you get out of him in the end. 

And that ending is absolutely a rediculous ending to deal with. And it was most definitely not going to be my ending too. 

I thought to him, "This is what you get, when you let your heart win. Disappointment."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~**

-Author's Note

     hello all! haha I hope you enjoyed, what do we think of Olivia's speech?!? Haha and I lied in my last author's note! My new story is not private, so any of you can read it, but please please please fan! i DO fan back, and also if anyone wants to make me a banner, picture of a character, a trailer, or even a cover that's totally fine with me, just email all entries to: lexi.anderson.8.wattpad@gmail.com  yes i know it's a random email address but i had to make one up on the fly!! FAN COMMENT VOTE AND STUFF !!! oh and check out the video ! Paramore<3 video is like with Miley, Dale, and Olivia !!

~_~ lexi ~_~