Chapter 4

New chapter guys :D thx again for reading it means a lot! We are past 100 reads thank you guys so much :) enjoy!!!! Once again unedited

----------------

Chapter 4-Hotel Horrors

"Would either one of you like to sit up front?" Derek asked his parents as we were leading them back to the car. I shook my head at him and mouthed the word "no." Thankfully Derek's parents declined the offer anyway.

As soon as Martha got in the car, she started complaining. Never a blissful moment I sighed mentally. "You brought that awful beast with you?" she said.

"If you are talking about Rex then yes we brought him." I said.

She was about ready to open her trap again to say something rude, but I beat her to the punch. I turned up the radio really, really loud. Maybe I should find some screamo music that will definitely drowned her out. The trip was pretty quiet after that. Derek and Alex fell asleep, and Martha looked like she was on the verge although she was still awake enough to through dirty looks at me through the rear view mirror. I had turned down the music quiet a bit to let the other two sleep.

We were less than an hour from our destination when we had to stop for gas again. I made Derek pump gas because I had to go to the bathroom again. Luckily they didn't have that stupid purchase policy the other gas station had. My phone began ringing on my way to the car. The caller I.d. told me it was my mother calling.

"Hey."

"Hi honey. How far away are you?"

"Probably an hour or so."

"Well you better hurry I made some apple and lemon meringue pie, and you know how everyone is around here. Better hurry."

Pie! I would totally kill for pie. This isn't just any kind of pie though, it is homemade pie. Sometimes the fruit is even homegrown. My family has a huge appetite, and food is a first come, first serve basis.

"Make that thirty minutes." I could hear the sound of her laughter as I hung up. Then I was off like a bullet. All the passengers jerked in their seats, and Derek started cursing.

"What is wrong with you?" Derek practically yelled at me.

"I'm just so excited to see my family." I lied slightly. And to get rid of your parents I thought.

"Ya right." I ignored him and turned down the music.

I was going 15-20 miles over the speed limit. Derek's parents had been sleeping since the gas station. Derek was sitting stiff in the seat beside me. We were only ten miles from the little hotel when I saw too late the patrol car. It pulled up behind us and turned on it's flashing lights.

"Crap." I muttered.

"Great just what we needed." Derek said angrily.

"Calm down. I have this under control." I began unbuttoning a couple buttons to my top and I checked my hair in the mirror quickly.

Derek gaped at me. "You are not flashing the police officer! You have already gotten us in enough trouble."

"I'm not going to flash him. Just keep your pants on he is coming." I rolled down my window and started gather all the stuff I might need.

The officer bent over to look at me. "Well I'll be damned . . . Mary is that you?"

The officer had brown puffy hair with green eyes. The top of his lip was covered by a bushy mustache and a slight growth of a beard was present. His face looked so familiar, but I suck at remembering names. I searched my pathetic memory before I at last found the name I was looking for Steven Winters. He had been a grade above me, and he had been a football player.