Chapter 4

Everyone was now being dropped off at their homes and Kenny told me that I would be staying with him for a while. I loved the idea and I didn’t mind when he asked me, well kinda told me what the plan was for me. I love being close to him. I feel like I can be myself no matter what when I’m near him. He makes me feel like no one will ever hurt me so I have no reason to be worried or scared. His house was huge! It looked like one giant mansion! It most likely had at least five bathrooms and eight bedrooms. I guess if you play in a bad or are famous you might as well have a big place to live. I would too if I had the money. Inside was just as heavenly as the outside. There was a winding staircase on the right side once you walk through the front door. Everything about his house was beautiful! I even thought to myself that maybe I could stay here forever but I kicked the thought out because that would never happen. No matter how much I want that to happen it never will happen to me. Nothing good ever happens to me. End of story.

“Wow, this place is amazing! How are you ever able to stay away from this place?” I ask as I spin slowly in a circle to look up at the chandelier in the middle of the entrance hall. It was so beautiful. There were different sizes of diamonds. It must have cost a fortune!

“Yeah, it is kinda hard sometimes. But I love to travel around with the guys so it’s not so bad. And the hotels we sometimes stay in aren’t bad either.” He said while rubbing the back of his neck as he put down his bags and a guitar.

“I wish I could’ve grown up in a place like this. It’s an honor to stay here for a while but if I lived here while growing up, I mean just wow. This would be my dream house that’s for sure.” I laugh slightly and he just smiles at me.

“You know you can stay as long as you want, right?”

“Yeah, I know but I know you won’t want me to stay here forever,” I chuckle and look up at him to see him slightly frown. “I’d love to stay here forever but in reality I know I can’t.”

“Le, you can stay here as long as you want. I don’t care if you want to stay here forever. You can. It’s not like I’m going to kick you out! Well, unless you try to get famous by leaking some new songs out to the public or something like that. Or try to kill me or something along those lines.”

“I won’t do that I promise.”

“I know you won’t. Any friend of Brandon’s is a friend of mine.”

“The reason why I’m agreed to stay here with you is because you saved me and I feel like you wouldn’t do anything to hurt me.”

“I would never hurt you, Lelia. I would do anything to protect you if anything else.” He put his hands on my shoulders and held my gaze so I had to look him in the eyes. His eyes were so gorgeous. He had those beautiful ocean blue eyes that I could just swim in for days if I wanted to.

“I know you wouldn’t hurt me. But to be honest, someone always does. It doesn’t matter if they mean it or not someone always ends up hurting me somehow. I’m not saying you will, Kenny, but I’m just saying everyone that I’ve know either leaves me or hurts me in some way or form. I’ve never had anything good in my life. Well, besides having Jason as my brother and having Brandon in my life when I was hurting. Those are the only good things I had in my life before they were taken away from me.”

“Le, that won’t be me. I will never leave you, Lelia. I don’t care what you think but I will never leave you. I care and like you too much to ever leave you.”

“You say that now but one day you might change your mind.”

“I will not change my mind. I can promise you that.” he said pulling me into a tight hug. It felt nice to be held and feel like nothing else is happening. It’s like slow motion whenever we hug. Like everything I’ve ever dealt with or have happen to me is gone and is replaced with happiness and love. He pulls away and smiles down at me. “So let me show you to where you can sleep.” We walked up the staircase and walked into the second bedroom.