It Shouldn't Feel Like

It’s been months and I still feel that part of me that was taken off. I felt numb, really. It felt like someone just crushed me into pieces without even telling me why. It was like I wasn't even important enough to hold a grudge against him. I know I was supposed to step forward, but I couldn't move.

When the day I saw him standing at the coffee shop in front of my office, I knew then that I was for him and that he was for me. Everything unfolds perfectly. He would fetch me from work to home and we dine together. He would do that regularly like every day since we decided to take a leap. We do argue sometimes but it won’t take a day for us to fix everything. Everything was okay and perfect. Everyone is happy, I thought, until that day happened.

I thought he was my soul mate, that we are a perfect fit, and that I had what everyone wants to have. He was my mirror, he shows me everything that I was holding back, and he changed me. He was the most important person in my life because he always been there for me and he never get tired of showing how beautiful life is. But then, he proved that soul mates come into our lives to reveal another layer of ourselves that we haven’t seen before, and then they leave. They aren’t meant to stay, they just meant to come by.

No relationship is perfect, ever. There were always that someone who will have to bend, someone who will compromise and someone who will always give up something for the benefit of everyone. But it shouldn’t be like that. Love shouldn’t keep notes on every mistakes and demands ever made. It should never be a thought. The pain felt by your partner’s mistake shouldn’t make you want to get even. Because if you know how much it hurt you, why would you want the one you love experience the same pain?

If he truly loves me then, why did he do the same thing that his past did to him?

AN: Kindly follow me po sa twitter @akosijenipeo.  :)