Chapter EIGHT.

Noami's POV .

I ran away from Tray because KD was staring at us. I don't want anyone to get hurt.

I thank God I didn't do anything with that jerk. I just can't believe Diamond didn't tell me anything. But she kinda did in a way.

When I got off the bus, I went inside and put my stuff down. I left and walked to Diamond's. She only lives around the corner.

Knock Knock Knock

"I'm coming." I heard Diamond's little brother, Dustin, say.

"Hey Dustin, where's Diamond?" I asked.

"In her room, where she always be ...... duh."

Dustin gets on my last nerves. He so agg! I went upstairs to Diamond's. And the door was half crack.

"Hello." I said walking in.

"OMG Noami, I'm so happy to see you." she said, tryna run to give me a hug.

It feels like the old days.

"I missed you so much." she said while walking back to the bed.

"I missed you too."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was pregnant."

"Yes, and you also didn't tell me that KD was the dad." I said.

She looked down at the covers.

"Diamond?"

"How did you find that out?" she asked me.

"KD told me while he caught me walking, but he said that it wasn't his. And that you're a hoe, when I walked away. But that's when I slapped him."

When I said that, her face lite up.

"You did what?" she asked.

"I slapped him." I repeated.

"OMG, really?"

"Yeah."

"And he ain't hit you back?"

"No, why would he?"

Diamond's POV .

Did I just put my foot in my mouth? I can't keep anymore secrets from her.

"Diamond?" Noami said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. What happened?"

"Why would KD hit me back?" she asked again.

"Because, he used to beat me. That's also one of the reason I broke up with him."

She looked at me with anger in her eyes.

"Are you serious?" she said while standing up from the bed.

I knew that she would flip out.

"Stop flipping out! That's why I didn't wanna tell you. I didn't wanna tell you any of this. But when you and KD started talking, I knew I'll have to."

"First, how would you keep a pregnancy from anybody? And like I said at the hospital, are we keeping secrets from each other?"

"No, it's not like that. It's just I didn't want you judging me." She sat down on the bed and wiped my tears.

"I'll never judge you. Your my little cousin. I love you."

After that I cried and she was right there the whole time. I know she's real after tonight.

I just wanna do the right thing for my baby. He's all I got right now. I love you baby Kalen, mommy's always here.

Noami's POV .

I can't believe what I just heard. I can't, it just don't seem real. What kind of boy, man puts his hands on a female?

I just needa go home.

"Noami, can you stay the night? It'll be just like the old times. And I don't wanna be alone."

"Okay."

I don't wanna be rude. She's my closest cousin. And this is the time I have to be by her side more. I will always love her.

That night we decided to have a karaoke night. Let's just say that singing ain't for everybody!