Chapter 1

"Georgianna Matthews, get down here now!" I sighed and hauled myself up.

"Coming mother!"

I swear she has the loudest voice in all of Ireland! Our house was tiny, it had only two rooms and there was eight of us. We lived in Dublin, and we had very little income, for which my mother blamed me; as I didn't have a job - well I did have a job, I sang on the streets for money, but my mother didn't see it as a proper job for a lady!

"What mother?"

"Georgie, another bill has come, and we can't afford this rent anymore! I'm sorry but someones going to have to leave!"

"Are you throwing me out?"

"Yes, I'm sorry, but you contribute nothing to this house, so what are we expected to do?"

"What am I expected to do mother...where will I go!"

"Thats not my problem.."

Her irish accent was so strong, and I guess mine was too. I walked away from her in shock, I packed my stuff in silence as I walked out the door.

I didn't own much things, just three dresses, two pettycoats, a photograph of my family, a family heirloomed necklace and two pairs of laced up boots. I stormed out of the house not knowing where I would go..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 months later in Southampton

I stared out of my automobile as the Ship came into view. It was enourmous and had splendind beauty.

"Oh, Peter have you seen how many steerage passengers there are, honestly It's discusting there must be lice everywhere. Ugh, lets go straight to the ship."

"Mother, just because they did not inherit money like us, doesn't mean that they should be treated lower than us."

"Peter, whatever is wrong with you, we are not equals, I will not be compared to them."

"Yes mother!"

As usual, she had won the argument with her self loving opinions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't believe I was here. I stared at the ship, it was beautiful. I had never seen anything as large and pretty in my life. It had taken nearly three months, to get here from Dublin, but it was worth it. I would finally reach America to achieve my dreams of becoming a singer. I walked up the gangplank, I stared in awe.

"Boarding pass please miss."

A steward smiled at me as I handed him the tickets, I had spent everyone of my pennies of them.

"I trust you've been through the health checkers miss?."

"Sir, forgive me but I do not have lice, I'm from Dublin not London!"

"Yes Miss, come on in, welcome to the Titanic miss."

I stepped through the doors, inside where so many tunnels and passageways. I walked around confused.

"Are you lost Miss?"

An attractive steward, who looked foreign approached me.

"Erm..yes, where is Steerage, room 143 please Mr-"

"Oh, I'm Mario, it's nice to meet you Miss, your cabin is just through here."

He led me through many corridors before stopping outside my door.

"Here you are Miss."

" Tanks." I said in my strong accent.

"Please call me Georgie, my names Georgianna."

"Nice to meet you, Georgie, I hope we shall meet again."

He kissed my hand and walked away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my suite door as I smiled at the four bedroom suite, we had containing a bathroom, two bedrooms and a living room. For two people it was massive! Our steward, Martin carried our luggage and paintings for our wall.

"It's not very large is it? The last ship we went on was much larger!"

"Mother it can't have been, this is the largest ship in the White Star Line!"

She went silent and turned away, as she lectured her maids on how she wanted her painting hung up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my door and smiled, I had one room and a small toilet but too me it was luxury! I was very lucky to be the only occupant in this cabin as in the other steerage cabins, most people had up to four people in one room. I presumed that 1st class was much more extravagant, and larger but this was all I needed to get by and soon I would be in America, pursueing my dreams..