Chapter 13

Sorry for the late update, but I have decided that this week I update stories, and then next week I update on my manga on deviantart. If you want to see that, my username is zombiezoo1, but anyways, it will be a pattern like that so that I don't feel tooooooo stressed on updates. Thanks for the wait!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 13

    I sat next to his cold body, holding tightly, still, to his limp hand as I held my head low. In the distance, I could hear the rifle sound off, but multiple times. During the moment, I cared not of what happened to the rest of us, but as my anger built up, my grip only tightened.

    “Caleb,” I growled. Lifted my head, I stood, gently placing Jake’s hand next to his body. After a moment, I heard the ring of the rifle again, and began to walk towards the wall-like trees. I would finish what I have started, even if it means dying.

    The rifle went off again, along with the screams of Clarrise. I noticed the golden tint of Caleb’s hair as he slowly walked around trees, quickly reloading his weapon. I stepped closer to him, but he stopped in his tracks when a twig had cracked under my feet. When he turned, a large smile grew on his face.

    “Ah, you are back to earth I see, Lanna. It was a shame, to see that young man pass to the next life, but at least he did not turn into one of those monster’s out there, right?”

    “What you did was unforgivable...” I mumbled. His smile faded, along with the cry of Clarrise as she called out my name.

    “Get out of here Lanna, he’ll kill you.”

    “No, he won’t kill me.” I yelled back, unable to trace her voice. Caleb stood silent, along with the trees. Silence hung around us as I began to speak again. “I know he won’t kill me; he won’t kill me because he loves me. He has always loved me, and he won’t kill me. Not unless he wants to kill himself as well.”

    “But what about what he has done in the past?” I heard her call again. It was true he tried to hurt me, but never has he tried to kill me.

    “If I die, he dies.” I mumbled, stepping closer to Caleb who straightened his back. He held his rifle tightly, but I lifted my hands and took it away from him gently. “Caleb, I know you have loved me, even when you had your little sister. You have killed thousands of people, millions even, just because you knew you couldn’t have me. It was a way of getting my attention; to get me closer to you. If you can’t have me, no one can, right?” I said to him. He softly smiled and spoke silently.

    “You are too smart, Lanna. Even though you have figured this out, what do you plan on doing? Kill me? Then you wouldn’t be able to find your other friend.”

    “That is only if she is still alive, right?”

    “Oh believe me, she may have a few bruises, but she is alive. Miranda is taking care of her as we speak. I will take you to her and release your friends, but only under one condition.”

    With this said, Brent and Clarrise showed themselves from behind the couple of trees and stared at us.

    “Then what is it that you want?” I asked, looking into his soulless eyes. He gently took the gun out of my hand, and wrapped the strap around his shoulder so that it hung off of his back.

    “Become my bride, and rule this world with me as my queen. Become my sleeping beauty, and your lips will be forever waiting for my kiss while you sleep in your beautiful state.” Speaking in this tone, I knew exactly what he meant. It would mean complete control over my well-being, and my life. Yet, it would release my friends, and perhaps save everyone else still alive if I allowed it and begged. It was the only choice I had.

    “Lanna, don’t listen to him, he is full of lies!” Brent called out. He tried to step closer, but I held my hand up while looking down. I quickly contemplated my choices, and finally made up my mind on the subject. Brent stepped down, looking at me with worry along with Clarrise as I spoke.

    “If you keep your word, I accept.”