Chapter 11

Soooooooo upon reading the first chapter, I realized something....I mixed Kathy and Clarrise up! I don't know how I got them mixed, but I will fix it another time. I will keep it with Clarrise being alive, so bear with me until I fix it please XD I'm surprised no one has commented on it yet, but thats ok. Thanks for reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11-Forbidden Room

    We walked down the empty, silent halls. I was in front with Miranda and Caleb who held the candles to light the way. Jake and Clarrise walked behind us, in the darkness. I kept my eyes on the ground, especially while Caleb spoke.

    “So, what happened to the other girl?” he asked. He was most likely referring to Kathy.

    “She couldn’t make it.” was all I said. He chuckled a bit, but I bit my lip and held back my words. In order to save Brent, I had to cooperate and try not to make them angry. Yet, I could feel eyes watching me from behind. It was Jake’s eyes; only I’d know this feeling anywhere.

    “I see you found another companion. Not a bad match if I do say so myself.” Caleb commented. My face went slightly red as I looked to the side. Jake coughed a bit at the remark, but didn’t say anything.

    “We are almost there.” Miranda said, lifting up her candle to show a door up ahead; one I remember too well. It was the door that no one was allowed to go into except for the staff. We stopped in front of it while Caleb pulled out a key.

    “Why does Caleb have the key?” I asked, shocked.

    “This was where I made my first ‘creation’ after all.” he smirked. I clenched my fist, remembering his words of how he started all of this. There was silence though, as he turned the key in the hole and pushed the door open. Inside was complete darkness with a stench that burned my nostrils. It smelled of rotten flesh and feces.

    “Ugh, what is that smell?” Jake finally commented, holding his nose and waving at the air.

    “It is the wonderful smell of death. This is also where Brent is being kept. Come in further, and I will show you him.” Caleb said, walking in with his candle held up above his head. I followed him with fear in my footsteps. My eyes trailed up his back to stare at the back of his, suddenly remembering my old feelings I use to have for him when we were children.

    Snapping me out of my thoughts, the sounds of grunting echoed in the distance.

    “Calm the fuck down boy, she is fine, just like you requested.” Miranda said in the darkness up ahead. Her candle went out from the light wind that blew in through the room from a crack in the wall.

    “Brent!” I called. The grunts got louder once I saw his face and he looked into mine. A dirty cloth was tied around his mouth, until Caleb pulled it off to let him speak.

    “Lanna, is that really you, Lanna?” Brent coughed, gasping for clean air. My knees felt weak, so I let myself fall to them and place my hands on his lap as I looked up at him with tear filled eyes.

    “It is Brent, it really is me!” I watched a large smile grow on his face as a small tear went down his cheek. I wanted to wipe it away, but my hands were shaking too much to even lift a finger. Instead, I quickly jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck as he gasped. “I’ve missed you so much.” I whispered.

    Behind me, I could feel two pairs of eyes stare me down like hawks. I knew they belonged to Jake and Caleb, but I didn’t care. At this moment, all I wanted to do was hold Brent in my arms and cherish his missed scent and his warmth while I still could.

    “How long do you plan to be, girl?” Miranda asked, growling through her teeth. I turned my head to look at her. The glow from Caleb’s candle made her face look even more angry as she stared at me. “I’ll let you in on a little secret. Brent here, is my toy to play with, not yours. I won’t let you have him so easily.”

    “But Caleb said-” I began, but she interrupted.

    “Was a lie, foolish girl. You can spend all the time you want here, but if you look over there,” she pointed to the other side of the room. Caleb smirked and took a few steps close to the darkness to reveal the horrifying figure that was tied up to the wall. “Once she gets loose, you won’t be able to stand a chance. The first generation is the strongest after all.”

    “The first generation?” Clarrise mumbled.

    “Don’t tell me,” Jake gasped, taking a step back. The figure began to move from the scent of human flesh. It growled loudly and began to thrash, trying to free itself from the old ropes that would hold it to the wall for a short amount of time.

    “That’s right, it’s my younger sister.” Caleb said.