17

Derp Ball is honestly the worst game ever. When we got to the shore, the boys picked teams. I was chosen last, like always, by Calum. Luke was also on our team, with Michael and Ashton opposing. I could never play sports, so I expected to be awful at this. According to Facebook, “It basically consists of a group of people standing in a circle and kicking, slapping, head-butting, or doing anything it takes to move the ball from person to person in hopes that some sort of streak can be formed in which the ball does not touch the ground. There are no rules. There are no winners. Just derp.”

Just derp? No freaking way. First, Ashton thrusted into a yoga ball and it went straight to my face. The pain was worse than being slapped on the face and then having Luke sit on your face. For the rest of the game, I just watched the Aussies do random shit. All I did was laugh at how dorky they were. It was only the word to describe it since Calum was my brother and he was just, Calum. There was also this thing about thrusting into a giant ball of air that made Luke hot. He had always been cute, but he was really starting to become handsome.

As if that wasn’t enough, Ashton wanted to go swimming. It looked like it was going to rain, storm clouds hovered above us and the waves were beginning to crash harshly. I declined, but mostly because I did not know how to swim. I didn’t even know own a bathing suit, not that I’d want to. The boys would probably scream and run away at the sight of my scars.

“I don’t have a swimsuit,” I told Ashton, who convinced Michael, Calum, and Luke to swim too. They were getting changed while Ashton tried to persuade me.

“Come on, you can borrow one of Luke’s shirt,” He suggested. He leaned in closer to me, making the small hallway even tinnier. “Or you could go shirtless.” Ashton joined his band in their room, leaving me aghast as he does when he says things like that. He almost made me want to do it, like those movies. But it made me feel guilty, and ashamed. Mostly, angry. Why did my mother have to ruin my body? Why did I have to ruin it?

When they were ready, and we left, I noticed Luke wearing a sweatshirt and swim trunks instead of being shirtless like his friends. I thought he wouldn’t swim, that he would sit on the sand like me. He certainly did not.

I agreed to let my feet in the water for Calum’s sake, but it really amazed me. I had only been to the ocean once on a field trip, but that was in LBI. This is Australia, the water is bluer, the waves better. I wonder if they could surf like in the films.

After a couple minutes of looking into the water with some thought, I noticed the boys were gone. I couldn’t hear their laughing or pointless battering. Before I could turn around, arms pulled around me from behind. I panicked as hands covered my mouth. This isn’t happening. I am supposed to be safe here.  

I was dragged into the water when Ashton-Douche- threw me into the water. I never told them I couldn’t swim, so I couldn’t blame this. Friends prank each other, right?

My few seconds of flying ended, leaving me surrounded by the no longer beautiful, blue water. It wasn’t evening blue anymore, more like a dirty green. As a child, I would hold my breath for fun or when I wanted to sleep. Sometimes, it worked. Like at that moment. I didn’t know how to push myself up, and my energy was low. Everything went slowly, and when I opened my eyes, my heart warmed. The scene was breathtaking, my hair and sweater lightly floated and bubbles left my nose. I decided then that I had to learn how to swim, so I could see this without, you know, fear of dying. That dream didn’t last that long; it dissolved as I closed my eyes, drifting into a different one. 

(SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN LIKE 16 DAYS. I STARTED TO GET AHEAD OF MYSELF SO AT LEAST THERE IS NO WRITERS BLOCK IN THE FUTURE. BTW, I HAVE LIKE 800 SOMETHING VIEWS AND 75 VOTES ILY ALL SO MCUH YAYYYAAYAYA AND WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU UGH UGH ASHTON okay you may leave

Okay?