05

• Dedicated to Cookies and Cream

You were such a ‘bad ass’, Luke oh my god.

He let me go in front of him and navigated me out of the house.

“We’re gonna have a great time! Don’t worry, I gotcha yea,” Calum reassured me. I followed him to the car and got in the back, with all the boys sitting in the back that time.

“What are you getting?” Ashton asked one of them, and I tried to focus on the radio, but they talked too loud.

“Cookies and cream,” Luke stated like the obvious. Cookies and cream? I wondered. I’d never had ice cream, my mom only allowed soup, when she did feed me. But I also wasn’t stupid, I went to school and I heard things about it here and there.

“I’m having strawberry.”

“But Michael you hate strawberry!” Ashton whine, and I noted, don’t get strawberry.

“Don’t you like chocolate?” Luke questioned.

“I want my ice cream to match my hair,” he laughed at his friends confusion.

“What?” Calum’s face twisted, and his eyebrows scrunched together. The boys behind us were in hysterics and I couldn’t help but giggle myself. I felt like such a badass for disobeying a lesson.

I concentrated on the music after that, enjoying the new scenery. The town I lived in New York had green leaves in the summer, rained in the spring, snowed in the winter, and was brown in the fall, but it all seemed gray. Dull. Here, the air was salty from the ocean not far from here, and the sky was aqua. Every shop was painted in bright colors and grains of sand littered the ground.

We pulled into a miniature rocky parking lot for an ice cream parlor named Inside Scoop. It looked like the rest of the shops here, a wooden hut painted bright green. Michael, Ashton, Luke, and Calum bursted out of the car. When I caught up to them, Ashton came up to me.

“Promise me you’ll get a banana milkshake.” He begged me.

“No get strawberry!” Michael shook his head.

“Cookies and Cream or die!” Luke yelled. Calum started giggling at their stupidity, I guess, or maybe my confused face. I couldn’t tell.

“Get whatever you want its fine.” Calum patted my back and I looked at the menu. It could have been written in chinese for all I knew. Tutti Frutti Float. Cotton Candy icecream. Smurf hurricane. Mint Chocolate chip ice cream. Cookie Dough Milkshake. Cookie Dough icecream. Why was everyone obsessed with cookie dough?

“Um, could I have cookie dough please?” I asked the waitress, who was checking out Calum. She seemed so distracted, and it took her a good 30 seconds to process that what I ordered. I turned around to see three disgusted faces.

“What?”

“You got cookie dough?”

“So?”

“Oh god-She doesn’t get it…”

I turned around to get my ice cream, thanking Calum for paying for me. The boys stared at me as I stared at my ice cream. Just scoop it. I was scared of my ice cream. It was light brown with chunks of something cloudy in a cup. It was just icecream, and I didn’t want eat it. But Calum gave me a look so I dived in.

I spit it out on the floor and they all started laughing. I hated it. I don’t hate a lot. The chunks tasted like dirt and the cream tasted like absolute vomit. ‘I told you’s spilled out of the boys mouth and Calum took my ice cream.

“I knew you wouldn’t like it,” Calum said between bites. We sat on the bench all eating our icecreams, except me. I sat next to my brother and Ashton on one side, with Luke and Michael on the other.

“You’ll like banana I swear,” Ashton handed me his shake. I took a sip and swallowed painfully. I handed it back with a shy smile, feeling more awkward than ever. It tasted like foamy mush and it lingered in my mouth.

“Told you she wouldn’t. Here,” Michael gave me his cone. I held the cone in both hands, licking the pink sorbet.

“Too sweet,” I returned the ice cream. Luke grinned, sliding his cup across the table.

“Cookies ‘n’ Cream is where its at,” He commented as I raised the spoon up to my mouth. A milky substance bubbled on my tongue as I crunched on the black cookie. I could feel my cheeks burn as I moaned. I handed it back to him, still crunching.

“Its okay.”

Sometimes I wonder if you only love me because I like cookies and cream. I remember how your lips taste like it too...I want to kiss you. Luke, you make me feel unpredictable when I'm beside you. I love you

(OMG DOUBLE UPDATE BC ILY

I MIGHT UPDATE TONIGHT AGAIN IDK IM REALLY IN THE MOOD FOR ICE CREAM AND LUKE AND i guess writting too el oh el.

QOTD:Whats your favorite ice cream flavor?

OMG DON'T ANSWER THAT OR I'LL CUT U.

you like-m)