GRIMES (A walking dead short story)

So this short story is dedicated to Ashyln A.K.A Bestiez_4_evz! She came to me one day and asked if I could write her a story, I don't normally do this but I love my Chanfan friends and thought why not? So I hope you guys like it and follow my girl Ashlyn! (:

---

I squeeze my eyes shut and breath heavily trying to stay as quiet as possible.

The sound of feet shuffling and growls come from the walkers just on the other side of the door.

I begin to feel claustrophobic and the feeling of vomit trickles up my throat.

I've been in this linen closet for a few hours now. There is barely any room for me to fit but I had to in order to survive.

My knife is in my hand readied to fight off any creature daring to enter. I point it at the door that is still being bumped, shaked and beaten by the animals on the other side. Growls, moaning and banging are the noises filling the air as I try so hardly to not let the noises get into my head causing me to break down and cover my ears.

The feeling of throwing up fades and I'm now terrified; praying for them to just walk away.

I close my eyes again and beg.

"Please please please leave please leave please." I whisper over and over again.

Another 2 hours pass and I begin to weaken. My throat is dry and I'm sitting here parched and starving.

I stare at my half empty bottle of water through the crack in the door and make a slight mopey noise.

The dry heaving starts and I know if I don't get anything in my body soon I will die.

I have been stuck in this closet for a few hours but I haven't eaten in about 2 days.

What's that? I perk up alittle at the sound of... nothing? The walkers must've given up now.

I grip my knife and slowly adjust my position; sitting on one knee.

I gather the only strength I have left and carefully open up the door.

I look at all of them secretively and they don't take notice.. They are too busy making noise with their mouths and punding on the floor with their feet.

I take a quick look at the stairs infront of me and come up with an idea.

I quickly look around for a heavy object and find a shattered photo frame.

I move out my arm slowly hoping not to get any of their attention.

My arm stretches out and I don't notice the shard of glass I accidentally grasp.

"Ow!" I cry shooting my arm back.

I hear a growl and a walker hurtles themselves towards me.

I slam the door open causing it to hit the walker in the head.

I stand up and get to the stairs before tripping over air and falling down the entire 12 steps.

I hit my head on a small table that holds a moldy vase and dead flower stems.

I'm dizzy, my right hand is oozing red and pieces of shard stick out.

My aim isn't good with my left hand but it will have to do.

My dark red hair falls on my shoulder and I push it out of my face.

The walkers look at me and I grip my knife in my left hand as one of them stumbles down the stairs landing on top of me.