[one]

[LUCY]

; AFTER CLASS

"Hurry up or i'm leaving with out you" I tap my foot anxiously on the ground as I await Danielle, merely two minutes left for us to get to class. "Okay, that's it! I'm leaving."

"Geez, Lucy I'm done anyway, what room are we in?" Danielle piles her books and binders together neatly and shovels them up into her arms.

Danielle's life stands purely on the foundation of 'luck'. She is always running late and leaves at horrid times, but somehow never seems to actually arrive late. On top of this for the past four years running, she has won the annual Easter raffle at our school (she missed out in year 8 because she was in Europe), something that everyone desperately tries to win because the number one prize is stacked with chocolate. The perks of this, however, is although I may be the most unlucky person to grace the planet, she does share the chocolate with me every year.

"K5," we both begin to head the direction of our class, walking down the steps, out onto the oval and across to 'A Block'. If put into perspective the idea doesn't seem to make much sense, why would the classroom 'K5' be in 'A Block', no one knows the answer.

Danielle and I walk into the classroom just as the bell rings and I'm somewhat astonished that we made it this far in less than two minutes, but don't question it. "Girls, right on time as usual. As I was about to say before Lucy and Danielle interrupted," Mr Benz shot a pointed look our way although you could see a faint smile playing on his lips. "Mr Sprouse here will be your student teacher for the rest of the term starting now! Great news, all I have to do from here on out is observe," Benz looked over at Mr Sprouse signalling him to come up and take centre stage, in the most literal form.

"Good afternoon girls, I'm Mr Sprouse and am looking forward to being your drama teacher for the rest of the term. I suppose I'll tell you a bit about myself, that's always fun." I looked over at Danielle who seemed in awe, full disclosure - he was gorgeous. Dark brown hair that seemed to flow perfectly around his head, pale skin with singular spots dispersed delicately around his face and what he was wearing just topped it all off (well for me at least). He was dressed in a white, short sleeve shirt that was tucked into his black slacks. It doesn't sound fabulous, but on him - trust me it was.

"He is so dreamy," Danielle looked over at me and sighed and I couldn't help but nod my head in agreement. "What an absolute dad."

"Can't deny that one." I shrug over at Danielle.

"I'm currently in College and doing my placement here in order to finish my teaching. I will be the student teacher for two classes this term, Drama and Studio Arts Photography so I might be seeing some of you more than once." His eye caught mine and I knew I was acting completely pathetic. Straightening my back and detaching my head from my palm I regained my senses. I had a boyfriend!

"Okay, cool. Well, I'll just call role quickly and then we can get started." I was looking forward to hearing my name roll off of his tongue and knew I was in too deep already.

I look back at Danielle who is still clearly in a trance waiting for her name to be called, "Okay, we need to snap out of it! This is tragic." I laugh as she nods her head violently, "He is super cute but we are better than this, look at everyone around the room, they're just as bad as us - well except Brooklyn but there's no point counting her. "You know what I just realised, I have SAP fourth period. That means I'll probably have Mr Sprouse."

"Ugh, of course, you get Studio Arts first semester when we just happen to have a cute student teacher"

"Actually," I say holding my head high, "I think it's about time the tables turned if you ask me." Danielle looked at me in confusion, "You're always the lucky one, I think it's my turn."

"You're probably right"

"Danielle Peters," Mr Sprouse looked around the room trying to spot my friend as she grew increasingly crimson by the second.

"Here," Her voice wavered and she rolled her eyes at herself, I let out a laugh at her behaviour. So Immature.

"That made me HIV-Positive" I laugh and she gives me a cold look but not before my name is called out by Mr Sprouse. "u-uh, here"

"I made you HIV-Positive!" Lucy exclaimed a Cheshire smile framing her face, "What about that stutter!" She was practically screaming at this point and the embarrassment was far too high for my own good. We both erupted in laughter, holding our mouths to try to muffle the sounds as best we could.

"Okay girls, time to go over the homework that was set."

"Shit! I didn't do it, can I copy yours real quick?" I frantically reach for my notebook writing down the date and title.

"Yeah of course." Danielle hands me her book as discretely as she can and I begin copying. I'm fairly sure that I'll be all safe since student teachers aren't usually that strict. Mr Sprouse picks up his binder and begins to circle the classroom.

"Okay, so I'm aware that you guys are studying a film at the moment, and then are required to do a reinterpretation of a scene after we've finished getting familiar with the script and cinematography - am I right?" The class all mumble a mellow yes for a reply and he nods. "Okay well, I gave the film a watch and answered the questions best to my ability also, so lets start to go through them. First, 'What is a circular narrative?' what does everyone have down for this?"

A few people took turns explaining the Inns and outs of a circle narrative, however soon enough the class went eerily silent. I bring my writing to halt and slowly look up to see Mr Sprouse standing in front of me. "Lily, is it?"

"Uh no, Lucy sir." I look him in the eyes and can see a hint of red starting to appear on his cheeks, he clears his throat.

"Lucy, I'd like for you to stay after class, please. Hand back the book to whom it belongs."

"Okay." I peek a sideways glance at Danielle and hand her the book, she only sends me a wicked smile and I shake my head - any good impression I could have made on him before now was long gone.

---

Yeah! Woo! The first chapter is done and dusted that's fun. I hope whoever read it liked it :)))

Anyway leave any suggestions and shit like that in the comments, this is a novel so its not like imagines or anything but if you want a certain kinda smut then you just ask and you shall receive.

Also!!!! Important, I am so very much yes yes open to editing and criticism, in fact I welcome it. Please if i happen to miss out on anything - incorrect spelling or grammar hit me up so I can change it :)