ONE

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

THE last time Beatrice Höwedes visited the well-known Veltins Arena was before she left for America. As she looked around after 5 years of absence, she finally felt at home. Her brother, Benedikt, was giving her a tour of the stadium and although nothing has changed, she was still amazed at how beautiful everything was.

"You are so lucky you get to see this everyday." Beatrice said as she felt the cool glass of the trophy case. She started at the several trophies Schalke has won through the years and smiled at the thought of her brother enjoying what he was doing.

"Yeah, but it's nothing compared to the feeling of playing and winning a game." Her older brother said as they approached the clean field.

Beatrice smiled in awe and walked towards the field, she was tempted to drop to her knees and feel the grass against her skin but she didn't want to ruin such a masterpiece.

"Amazing, isn't it?" Benedikt said as he stood behind her, appreciating the arena.

"Yeah, I can't believe I'm going to see this everyday."

Beatrice was handed the job as Schalke's club doctor after her brother recommended her to the staff. Being a doctor was her passion and after years of training and studying, she was finally going to do what she did best.

"Such an honour, thanks again Benni." The blonde said as she turned around to hug her brother. The two shared a moment but it was ultimately ruined by Leon Goretzka, who sauntered in with huge glasses and a ridiculously great outfit.

"Ah, looks like little Höwedes finally decided to come home." The brunet German spoke as soon as he saw Beatrice. Beatrice frowned at the sight of her former best friend but deep inside, she felt like her heart was going to burst.

"Still annoying, I see?" Beatrice said as she crossed her arms over her chest. She glared at Leon but he only gave her a smirk, which made her heart beat even faster and her insides turn into mush.

"You guys have alot of catching up to do." Was all Benedikt said before leaving his little sister alone. Beatrice groaned and tried to walk away but Leon grabbed her before she could go any further.

"You heard Benni, we have some catching up to do." Leon said as he pulled her closer. Beatrice could have sworn that her heart just jumped out of her chest, she was flustered and she hated the fact that her feelings for Leon weren't helping. Leon wrapped his arms around her which made Beatrice panic but she managed to awkwardly wrap her arms around him.

Leon and Beatrice have been neighbors since they were babies. They grew up and became best friends and not long after that, Beatrice started to develop feelings for Leon. He was a charming boy, lots of girls swooned over him because of his good looks and amazing skills. Of course, Beatrice didn't do anything about it because deep inside, she knew that Leon didn't like her back. Leon would talk about girls he had a crush on with Beatrice and although it hurt her, her feelings never went away.

Beatrice regained her composure and pushed Leon away. "If you must know, I have a job to do."

"Who do you need to heal?" Leon questioned the blonde.

"I don't heal people, Leon, I make them feel better."

"Isn't that the same thing?

"Uh . . . maybe." She answered, her voice shaky. She cursed at herself for acting like a kid in love but she realised that she was in fact, a kid in love. A big kid, at that.

"Well, why don't you—" Leon said. He moved even closer and as Beatrice closed her eyes to prepare herself for what was coming, she heard clapping from behind them.

"—Wow, Goretzka, real professional." A blond man by the name of Max Meyer said as he walked towards the two Germans. Max was amused at the fact that Leon was trying so hard to get a girl to go out with him.

Beatrice rolled her eyes upon realizing that it was Max. Max and her knew each other but they weren't exactly friends. When she was still a student, Max and her didn't talk alot. Beatrice felt like Max despised her but she never actually confronted him about it.

"Hallo Max, it's nice to see you." Leon said as he greeted his friend.

"Hey." Beatrice said as Max walked in front of her. She didn't go in for a hug or anything, she just awkwardly stood there with her hands glued to her sides.

"Hey litte Höwedes, I heard you got the job as Schalke's official doctor." She cringed as soon as he called her that but she ignored it.

"Well, you heard right."

"That's fantastic, maybe Leon can finally grow the balls to ask you out." Leon slapped Max as soon as he said that but Beatrice was unfazed. This was her chance to go out with her longtime crush but she suddenly felt nothing. It was as if her feelings went away as soon as Max stepped in.

"He's joking, don't listen to him." Leon said, squeezing Max's sides. Max squealed and pushed Leon away, causing Beatrice to budge and come back to her senses.

"You okay, B?" Leon said, eyeing Beatrice. Her heart jumped at the nickname he gave her and she nodded feebly, she was still trying to figure out if Leon actually liked her or not.

"Maybe she's thinking about how she'll react when you finally ask her out." Max commented, earning another slap from Leon. Beatrice got annoyed with Max's ridiculous comments so she decided to leave and go back to her brother.

"It was nice to see you again, Leon." Beatrice said, intentionally leaving out Max. She eyed Max while saying Leon's name and walked away. She could hear the two argue but she ignored it, her heart and mind still confused.

♡♡♡

lol this sucked but i promise this is going to get better. also, to clear the confusion, beatrice is in love with leon but she won't be for long (;

ps: totally not a spoiler since this is a max meyer fanfic afterall