Chapter 2

Nina

M fingers lightly brushed the against the black fabric of the dress as she held it up to her tall frame.

"What do you think, red or black?" Melonee said.

"Red, black is so sad and old fashioned. Plus it complements your skin tone. The black drains you out . . . No offense." She made a face and added a response of, 'none taken.' Before she could look for more clothes I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to the cash register.

"Do you know where they sell these kinds of t-shirts?" I ask the blonde headed lady while showing her my phone that had a picture of a t-shirt with a band logo. Her eyes scanned my body up and down before answering.

"Yes I do, It should be at Hot Topic just three stores over to the right." She says with the fakest smile.

"Oh okay, thank you." But when I was about to leave the store I decided to mess with her a little. "You know... I'm trying this new thing called expression. I have this, 'to do list' before I die from STDs. Let's see . . . rob a bank, do drugs, dye my hair white, get wasted . . . Commit murder." Her eyes widened in disgust.

"Get out now!"

Once we were out Melonee made me face her, "what the hell was that?!"

"What?! Did you not see the way she looked at me? I mean why is it so hard to believe that a girl like me would want to buy clothes like that?"

"Well I mean you dress like your the freaking virgin Mary." Melonee says while pointing at my clothes.

"Well for our information, I'm still a virgin! And no I don't, I shop at Forever 21 not the granny store. If that's what you were implying. " I said defending myself.

"No I wasn't implying that, I was implying that you look like you have a huge stamp on your forehead that reads, I'm a virgin."

*****

Melonee left me to go to Forever 21 so now i'm stuck in Hot Topic alone and I can't find the freaking t-shirt!

"Can I help you?" The question came from a deep voice. I turned around quickly to see a guy about my age who had a lip piercing on his full pink lips. His pale skin made his radiant blue eyes pop.

"Yes please, do you have this shirt?" He looked at it for about two seconds and nodded, "follow me." There was something strange about him but I couldn't put a finger on, Once he came to a stop he reached for the t-shirt and handed it to me.

"Thank you so much!" I hugged him which made him chuckle.

"So is the T-shirt for you? I mean you don't look like the type." He said looking at me up and down. Again, God I really need to stop with Forever 21!

"Oh no, this is for my friend. She's been dying to get this t-shirt so I got it for her."

"Well that's nice of you." He said with a smile. "Well when you're done just go up to my bitchy sister Danni and she'll ring you up. It was nice meeting you..." He was signaling for me to say my name. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

"Oh yeah! It's Nina." I say with a big smile trying to hide my embarrassment.

"That's a simple yet beautiful name you got." He said with a smile.

"Thank you..." I was now signaling for his name.

"Dan, Dan Cupper." He said. "It was nice meeting you, hope I see you around more. We have hair dye here, I mean you do want to dye your hair white right?" My eyes almost fell out of my head.

"H-how..."

He smirked. "Lets just say news travels really fast."

****

I walked to the empty front desk and tried looking around but gave up. I decided to look around for Dan again who's probably hiding from me because he thinks i'm a crazy person! I barely turned around when I heard, 'Can I help you?' and may I add it was In the rudest tone ever, well that's not very welcoming is it. I turn to see a blonde who was wearing a bad shirt and ripped jeans. Her eyes were stained with heavy black eyeliner and she was wearing a choker. Oh god, she smelled like cigarettes.

"Hi, I want to buy this shirt, it's for my . . ." I couldn't finish my sentence because she rudely interrupted me.

"Look I don't need your whole fucking life story kid, 39 bucks." What a bitch!

"Bossy much." I muttered under my breath so that only I could hear, but apparently and shockingly she heard.

"Excuse me, would you like to say that to my fucking face you little skank?!" I felt my face redden as stares came from all directions. This was so embarrassing, it made me feel weak. I just handed her the money and left to find Melonee. But before I had the chance to flee I felt a hand grab shoulder and push me against the wall.