A Freak......(4)

Chapter 4: Bonded

After school I walked home with Adam. Our shoulders were touching and his arm was around my waist like he wanted to keep me to myself. "So...." "So?" "What are you doing later?" "Homework and thinking." "Thinking? about?" "Well its nothing." "No what is it?" "You've been getting really close with Kirsten." "I'm allowed to have girls as friends or is that a problem?" "No its just sometimes I think that you-" My voice broke. What the hell are you doing? If you say what you think you'll cause a fight and then Kirsten will get a free ticket into adam's heart and you don't want that. "You think what? I hope you dont think that me and Kirsten will start thinking we're together do you?" "I was thinking exactly the sort. how did you know that?" "Um nevermind how I knew just drop it ok." "No what's up with you?" "Nothing." "Adam seriously." "Im being serious." "No you're being stupid." "Stupid? Ok." He dropped his hands from my side and stood there staring at me like I was insane. "I didnt mean it like that-" I didnt even see it coming. I heard the horn honking at me but I didn't think I would be stupid to just stand there until he pulled me out of the way and we fell to the sidewalk. I was breathing hard and I felt a sharp pain in my hand.

"Are you crazy! why didnt you move!" "I don't know I just-" I looked at my hand and it was gushing with dark red liquid. Blood. "Oh my god." His eyes never moved from my hand until he slowly slid the shard of glass out of my hand. "Come on we gotta get to my house so we can clean this up." "I'm sorry I shoulldnt have said that." "Melinda its fine. I'm more worried about your hand then that. We'll talk about that later." My hand is burning.The weird thing is he face looks extremely pale today. How the hell was I gonna explain to my mom, "oh ma my boyfriend adam is kinda weird and I think he's scared of blood or something and he took a shard of glass out of my hand because I almost got hit by a car" that just aint right. "Are you kidding me! This cannot be your house!" "What were you expecting?" "You'd laugh." "Try me." "Are you gonna help me or debate?" "I think I'll debate." "Ok um....no" He smiled and leaned on the door of his house. It was absollutly beautiful. It reminds me of my house except the lake was 10X bigger. "I gotta warn you my brothers are kinda not use to me bringning my girlfriends over so..... try to ignore them for me." "I'll try." He kiss my forehead and brought me inside.

"Whoa bro! He actually brought his girlfriend inside!" "Cool! We gotta mess with them." When I stepped inside the house I didn't know whether to scream or faint. "This house.....its soooo huge and beautiful." "Not as beautiful as you." I blushed when he pulled me close to his chest. He leaned to kiss me when I heard rapid footsteps running down the stairs. "Whoa!" I turned to both of the boys. They were so....sexy they looked like adam except more muscular. "So Adam this is the girlfriend you never shutup about." "Thanks guys i really wanted you all to be here right now at this second." "What's your name kid?" "This Kid is a human being." "Yeah we know and we also know that Adam you aren't." Silence filled the air and I could feel tension between them. "Well anyways I'm Brad and this is Jacob. We're Adam's older brothers." "Nice to meet you but me and Adam have to take care of something that's bothering me." I looked at Adam and either I've lost a hole lot of blood or he was growling and his brothers were doing the same thing back.

"Adam lets talk in the kitchen. Man to Man." "Whatever." He mouthed sorry and headed to the kitchen. I sat on the stairs and tried to wait for him until I heard them arguing loudly until I couldn't take it anymore. "She isnt one of us Adam!" "That's none of your buisness!" "It is if something happens to her!" "Its only a matter of time before the change is complete Adam then what? Hm? What happens when they found out you've been with a human!" "Nothing will happen to her that's a promise." "You better keep it." I couldnt believe what I was hearing. The blood inside of me rushed to my face and I can't even feel my hand anymore. I grabbed my purse and ran out of the house.

Everything I ever believed in.....is it possible that Vampires are real.....Is he one of them? What about us....

"Melinda?" I screamed when I saw it was Adam's face. "Oh god, you scared me." "I'm sorry." "You heard?" "Everything...but just 1 thing." "anything." "Kiss me." I breathed in when his lips were on mine. That's the only proof I needed. I wrapped my arms around him and I could feel the coolness on my body. "Now you know my secret." " I won't tell....anyone." "I know but my brothers don't think that." "Yeah Adam we don't." "Brad?" It was too late The darkness swallowed me whole and now the situation I'm in bonds us together......for now.